About the sponge overload

The server often overload,such as"[Server thread/WARN]: Can’t keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 4348ms behind, skipping 86 tick(s)".
It has bothered me for a week.And all the player will disconnect until I click the server backstage window.

What are the specifications of the server? Have you tried doing a timings report?

1 Like

How to use timings in sponge,my PC is i7 7700 and 16Gram.There are 3 to 5 players.29 mods in total.

The basic details of the Sponge Timings module are in the SpongeDocs. Timings is Aikar’s project, shared amongst a number of modding platforms. He’s done a video tutorial, if that helps.
Basically, you need to enable the timings, let them record for a period of time (allowing the server to operate as normal), and then finally read the report on the web-page.

1 Like

Oh,got it.thank you!

1 Like

name: Windows 10
version: 10.0
jvmversion: 1.8.0_121
arch: amd64
maxmem: 5368709120
cpu: 8

If you could link here a timings report, we could all be of better help. Though, I’d like to point out that those messages are relatively normal - consider it an annoying MC feature. The best you can do is optimize your setup, which we can discuss more about once we can review the timings.

https://timings.aikar.co/?id=a4b374c350034994a21ffb40c3c145f3
here!

How many players were online when you measured this? Also, what happens if you remove Vampirism? Lastly, did this only ever happen after you added Sponge?

Says it on the timings, 3. Can you please lengthen your timings in Sponge’s global.conf? I don’t see any obvious source of lag, but it might be related to the plugins and mods you run. Also, update to SpongeForge 2900.

1 Like

2 or 3.I had tried to remove sponge, but the problem still exist. Maybe I can have a try to remove Vampirism. Thanks you.

Maybe the problem is caused by mods, but I don’t know which mod. 1.10.2 the lasted version is spongeforge-1.10.2-2477-5.2.0-BETA-2793.

https://timings.aikar.co/?id=bcafdf10b7a54c489cd888bb6bacf20c

无标题

This one looks a lot more conclusive. Does the lag always happen when you’re generating terrain? If so I’d recommend some mod to pre-generate that terrain in advance so you won’t get too much lag under normal gameplay.

I have removed Vampirism, but no difference.

Oh, could you recommend some mod?

It often lag when player use tp

How to solve the generate terrain problem…It nearly drives my mad.

Does the lag happen when someone shift-clicks a bunch of items in a crafting table, crafting them all at once?
I’ve had this issue on my server, but I’m on 1.12.2. Might be different.

1 Like

To eliminate WGen lag, set a world border and pre-generate the terrain using a plugin like Nucleus, or a mod that does a similar job (there are several). It might take several hours, or even days, depending on how big a world you make and the specs of your hardware, but when it’s done, world generation lag will be a thing of the past.