[API 6.x/7.x] FoxGuard - The flexible world protection solution

Make sure you cancel interact entity as well. damage entity is meant to stop things like arrows and explosions. Breaking and rotating is handled separately by minecraft, and it’s an interact rather than a damage.

Hi there,

Is there a way to visually see a region that you previously made? As in, a highlighted section? Can I load up a previously set region and see which blocks it encompasses?

Also, when setting a rectangle region, I understand that it protects all blocks above the set spots, but does it also protect all blocks below the selected blocks?

Thank you.

I’m not sure if the client-side FoxGuard CUI is capable of showing existing regions. You could load it into the state buffer and see, but I think it can only show user block selection at present. Foxy can correct me if I’m wrong :wink:

Rectagular regions go all the way up and down, from bedrock to the top of the sky. Much like the result of the WorldEdit command //expand vert would have, if you’ve ever used that.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply.
It would be incredibly useful if we could see existing regions somehow. I find it difficult to use this coming from the clean combo of WorldEdit / WorldGuard. Is there any chance that in a future update that we can use selections by WorldEdit to make a FoxGuard region? That would make things pretty easy… Just a thought.

Thanks for the mod!

For some reason ever I protect an area that has trees that has leaves that would normally despawn it just spawns a shit ton of saplings and apples. Is there a known fix for this?

I somehow lost all my regions in FoxGuard, none of my handlers disappeared though and all the wregion folders and files still exist as they should. If I try and create a new worldregion with the name of one of the disappeared wregions it works perfectly fine in game and doesn’t say it already exists, but the console confirms that the files for that region do in fact exist still [21:11:41] [Server thread/INFO] [foxguard]: Deleting directory "./world/foxguar - Pastebin.com.

The only 2 things I could think of causing this somehow would’ve been renaming a bunch of my wregions and handlers yesterday and that Project Worlds bugged out overnight and made me reimport a world that I have some FoxGuard regions in. However, this issue did affect all of my worlds.

Yeah the mysterious region dissappearing bug is a known bug, but it’s really rare and people seem to have trouble producing any error reports, so it’s been a pain to track down. I’m reworking storage again anyway, so i’ll either track it down or accidentlly overwrite it anyway. If it’s still around after the rework then i’ll worry about it.

So much for “really rare”, after remaking the regions yesterday I came back online today to see I had lost regions again, only this time I only lost the regions in my main world. The ones in my void world created with Project Worlds stuck around this time. I’m currently taking a look through my server log files and will let you know if I find anything.

Update: I couldn’t find anything in the logs, but using my backups I was able to restore a working backup of foxguard data and put that in my server. I’ve uploaded both the good and bad data for you to see if you can find anything different between them if you’d like, but considering the size is exactly the same I don’t know how much luck you’ll have.

they’re database files, so you won’t notice size differences between them. The rewrite will stop using that file format and instead switch over to a more sane JSON format. Also I think i’ve discovered the source of the issue you’re having, but it has to do with the fact that the way FoxGuard handles world loading and unloading is a bit fragile at the moment. I SUSPECT Project Worlds is causing FoxGuard issues… Either way the rewrite will not have ANY of these latent problems.

Thank you for reporting it anyway though.

i get this error on my spongeforge server

i cant create any handlers. all handler types not recognized

error at console and log

12:44:13] [Server thread/ERROR] [Sponge/sponge]: Could not pass FMLInitializationEvent to Plugin{id=foxcore, name=FoxCore, version=0.10.5-api6-227, description=Core plugin for Fox plugins. This plugin also contains some core functionality that other plugins may wish to use., url=https://github.com/FoxDenStudio/FoxCore, authors=[gravityfox], source=D:\Program Files\Minecraft\mods\foxcore-0.10.5-api6-227-server.jar}
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/spongepowered/api/data/DataRegistration
at net.foxdenstudio.sponge.foxcore.plugin.FoxCoreMain.registerData(FoxCoreMain.java:157) ~[FoxCoreMain.class:?]
at org.spongepowered.common.event.listener.GameInitializationEventListener_FoxCoreMain_registerData8.handle(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
at org.spongepowered.common.event.RegisteredListener.handle(RegisteredListener.java:95) ~[RegisteredListener.class:1.10.2-2281-5.2.0-BETA-2464]
at org.spongepowered.mod.event.SpongeModEventManager.post(SpongeModEventManager.java:313) [SpongeModEventManager.class:1.10.2-2281-5.2.0-BETA-2464]
at org.spongepowered.mod.event.SpongeModEventManager.post(SpongeModEventManager.java:342) [SpongeModEventManager.class:1.10.2-2281-5.2.0-BETA-2464]
at org.spongepowered.mod.SpongeMod.onStateEvent(SpongeMod.java:234) [SpongeMod.class:1.10.2-2281-5.2.0-BETA-2464]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_92]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_92]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_92]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_92]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74) [minecraft_server.1.10.2.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47) [minecraft_server.1.10.2.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322) [minecraft_server.1.10.2.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304) [minecraft_server.1.10.2.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275) [minecraft_server.1.10.2.jar:?]
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:243) [LoadController.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:221) [LoadController.class:?]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_92]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_92]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_92]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_92]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74) [minecraft_server.1.10.2.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47) [minecraft_server.1.10.2.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322) [minecraft_server.1.10.2.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304) [minecraft_server.1.10.2.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275) [minecraft_server.1.10.2.jar:?]
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.redirect$onPost$zzb000(LoadController.java:561) [LoadController.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:145) [LoadController.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:805) [Loader.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.finishServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:108) [FMLServerHandler.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStarted(FMLCommonHandler.java:333) [FMLCommonHandler.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:214) [ld.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:431) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_92]
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.spongepowered.api.data.DataRegistration
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:191) ~[launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_92]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_92]
… 34 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

What version of Sponge? Better yet, please copy your entire log into something like pastbin or gist and link it here.

spongeforge-1.10.2-2281-5.2.0-BETA-2464
foxcore-0.10.5-api6-227-server
foxguard-0.20.6-api6-377-server
forge server 1,10.2

the enitre log is 600 kn and the only error i found is that post

So I can tell you one issue right off the bat…

You are running FoxGuard/FoxCore for API 6 on Sponge API 5.
Seeing as I am pretty sure that in API 6, DataRegistration was changed, this error would make sense.

Please try running the server with either an upgraded Sponge install, or a FoxGuard/FoxCore API 5 build.

Part of the reason that we ask for the entire logs is so that we can get the 100% guaranteed version of the APIs/Mods/Plugins involved. A file (like the server or plugin jar files), can easily be accidentally renamed, I have done it countless of times. If matching versions are still producing the error, then you might have to upload the entire log file (or email it to us), as we won’t be able to help if we don’t know everything involved.

1 Like

the error went away thanks for the tip

what are the handle types i tried ‘basic’ and ‘simple’ and foxguard does not recognize them

So another little tip: use tab complete.

Regardless of if you just aren’t sure if there is an extra argument you don’t know about, or if you just dont remember the order… Tab complete is your friend.

If you are still having issues, please paste the entire command you are running in here.

Hey @gravityfox i have a suggestion can you add a feature that lets you block commands in regions?

That somewhere on the planned features list, but i’m trying to come up with a way of implementing this so that people don’t shoot themselves in the foot.

Hey @gravityfox is it possible to create regions other than cubes?

There’s rectangles and elevation based regions, but any other shapes don’t currently exist. They would be easy to add, but i’m overloaded and haven’t been able to do that. If anyone want’s to help they can.

is there a default group that everybody auto joins?
sorry I’m coming from worldgard and this is confusing me some