Can't find sethome plugin and can't understand permissions - Explain please

I’m trying to find a ‘sethome/home’ plugin for 1.10.2.
All I need is ability for each user to set home, spawn on it and ability to teleport to it.
I know, there is a bunch of plugins. But some of them are dead or not compatible with Sponge 5.x.x or just not very well documented (or have 99+ commands and features that I don’t need to).

Another thing that I can’t understand is permissions. Some nice plugins like BLWarps (developer said that is not supported but server will not crash with it as it does with other ‘recommended’ plugins) which I’m currently trying to configure, have following in their thread:
“group”: {
“test”: [
{
“options”: {
“warpCreationLimit”: “2”
}
}
]
}
I understand that it’s settings. I understand that we’re setting warp limit to 2 for group named “test”. But WHERE should I put this - no clue, no explanation.

I know that “Sponge doesn’t have internal permission management mechanism, use PermissionsEx”. But it’s another bunch of settings and thing that are not documented well. Also plugin discussion moved to another site and died there.

Sorry if I’m not very nice, but I now trying to use Sponge just because there is no Forge sethome plugin for 1.10.2. And I’m getting such beginner-unfriendly experience just trying to do such simple thing like installing one plugin.

Maybe start by trying to nail down why the recommended plugins crash, and get help with them. Unsupported means we won’t support it.

This would be in whatever format your permissions plugin supports. Sponge’s API allows for permission groups to have certain plugin-definable ‘options’, and it’s saying to use this with them.

IMHO Pex is documented beautifully. It’s also stopped development, so you’d be better off with a currently-supported plugin such as LuckPerms.

Generally functionality, configurability, standardization, and overall sanity of a plugin are prized over the plugin being drag and drop regardless of its function. The concept of warps requires configuration of how many warps a user can make, and it’s not as simple as ending a permission with a number. Thus, the warps plugin is not drag and drop.

And a tip for the future - If you’re intending to paste code, or code-like text, such as JSON literals, put three backticks (```) on a line above it followed by the language name (```json), and put another three backticks on the line after it.

So this:
```json
“group”: {
“test”: [
{
“options”: {
“warpCreationLimit”: “2”
}
}
]
}
```
turns into this:

"group": {
    "test": [
        {
            "options": {
                "warpCreationLimit": "2"
            }
        }
    ]
}
2 Likes

Is pretty unfriendly to beginners to be honest.

What that should say is that you can set warp limits using metadata / options.

So any subject (Read as: user, group, role) in a permissions system, can have a separate limit on the amount of warps they can create.

What you need to do, is look into whatever permission manager you are using, (and BLWarps looks like it requires one) and set warpCreationLimit to however many warps you want people to be able to create by default.

However I’d be pretty surprised if that’s the only permission.

I’d suggest trying Nucleus or Destinations

1 Like

Thanks for help. I will try to get it to work with LuckyPerms and Destinations