CarrotShop - A SignShop-like shop plugin for Sponge

Hi Carrot,
I’m currently migrating my former Bukkit server to Sponge, so I needed a substitution for SignShop and thats how I found your plugin. It mostly does what I need, but I would wish for 2 more things:

• SignShop offers a way of adding custom signs, so I made a sign that sells infite items but also gives the owner of the shop money. Is there a way to add this with your plugin, too?
  • Is there a way to convert my SignShop data to CarrotShop data? It would be a lot of work to place all the shops again… I was thinking that I might write a script for that, but I’m not sure if the data can be converted due to the different format… I’m asking that because you wrote this is a SignShop like plugin.

Thanks in advance.

I plan on adding a lot of signs. You can check progress on the ‘issues’ page.

About the migration, I’ll have to check how they were stored in signshop before I answer. Note that the signs I do not handle would be lost.

Thank you for your answer.

The sign I would need is quite specific and not on your list. Its a mix of iBuy and Buy, is it possible that I add it to the code for my private use?

I’m looking forward to your answer regarding the migration.
Thanks in advance.

If you have a github account. Feel free to answer there with your suggestion.

I’ll add the sign, this it a good idea. Just need to figure a name out for it.

A new version has been released for CarrotShop, it is available for download here.

• Fixed a problem with protection plugins blocking interaction

A new version has been released for CarrotShop, it is available for download here.

• Fix a problem with sell and trade signs when holding item in off-hand or as armor

• Add DeviceOn. DeviceOff and Toggle signs
  • Add Bank sign
  • Add Heal sign
  • Fix a few display bugs
  • Added servers shop reports (still need to work on the web interface for it)
  • Made it possible to link the same lever / chest to multiple signs
  • Made the price line optional (empty or just text = $0)

Will multiple currency support be added?

This would be possible, yes.

What would be your use case?
You’d like it for each sign or for the whole mod?

Personally I think whole mod, inwhich you could set what currency a sign uses.

Adding multiple currencies to each sign would be pretty useless since you could just make separate signs for each currency.

Basically, what I’m trying to say is maybe adding an option in the commands to choose what currency you wanna use for the sign.

• Protect blocks supporting a shop

Here you go.

You can change the default currency with a command. You also can allow users to change the currency used by each signs.

HotFix: Release v1.14 · TheoKah/CarrotShop · GitHub

The stick was not looping correctly currencies on a sign in some cases
The logs didn’t save the correct currency of signs that override the default currency

Thanks for the update, it’s been working great but theres one error: when setting the currency of a shop, an error comes up that doesnt save the shop at all. This is the error log. I used both the normal 1.14 version, 1.14 hotfix and both together and still got the same error.

For some reason I cannot see the log from my phone. I’ll check with a pc when I’m home. Unfortunately I wont have time to look into it before tomorrow night but I’ll fix it asap.

Can you open an issue on github about it?
Thanks

@pokken That link goes back to the CarrotShop Ore page.

1 Like

My mistake, this is the link: Carrot Shop Error Log - Pastebin.com

• Fix a problem when saving the shops with multiple currencies and no default currency forced
  • Fix a bad check with Sell signs
  • Add aBuy, aSell and aTrade signs

So I’m having trouble figuring out how to make player shops usable when placed on a claim as implemented by the GriefPrevention plugin - specifically, what claimflags one would need to enable to allow a non-trusted player to access a shop’s signs on a claim