CarrotShop - A SignShop-like shop plugin for Sponge

Hello, I figured this out with help from the Grief Prevention team a few days ago - /cf interact-block-secondary minecraft:wall_sign true

OK - somewhat reassuring, as I’ve tried that (and the standing sign variant, /cf interact-block-secondary minecraft:standing_sign true, and the left-click version with interact-block-primary) …but neither seemed to work. Do I need to do anything else after running those commands inside of a claim? A reload? Server restart? Sacrifice a chicken? :smiley:

My goal is ultimately to figure out these flags and then add them to the basic & admin claim default flags in the GP config file …but just getting them to work by applying them manually to a single claim is sort of a necessary first step.

Thanks for your help btw!

Just doing that one command fixed it for me, but you can check actions for the flags using GP’s debug thing, if you use that, it might show you what you’re missing. Also sacrificing a chicken is always a good backup plan.

If you can’t figure it out then, I suggest joining GP’s Discord and asking there, they are very helpful.

Alice

Looks like those flags do work - thanks for confirming I was heading in the right direction!

But I’m still seeing what seems like weird behavior: when a player right-clicks a shop sign to purchase, the sign edit GUI appears. They can’t actually make any edits, but it’s seriously wonky. Surely that’s normal…? Seeing that behavior on claims and not on claims, so it doesn’t appear related to the previously mentioned claimflags.

Do you have Quark installed? I have it and disabled the config for sign editing in the client and server. As the GP flag can’t distinguish what you’re doing when you right click, there’s no other way to stop the GUI from appearing.

Yes - this is a stock FTB Beyond server, so it’s available. Didn’t know that was a Quark-added option; will go check it out. Thanks!

Update: doesn’t look like editing the right-click-to-edit-signs makes any difference on the server config. Worked exactly as I wanted when disabled in my client-side config though - so that’s something. Thanks again @yepidoodles

1 Like

No problem, feel free to PM me or message me on Discord (yepidoodles#5971) if you need anything :slight_smile:

A new version has been released for CarrotShop, it is available for download here.

A SignShop-like shop plugin for Sponge

• Fix Device signs for 1.12
  • Fix command alias ‘/shopreport’
  • Add a language configuration file
  • Fix problem with complex items
  • Fix a bug when overriding shops

A new version has been released for CarrotShop, it is available for download here.

• Fix Device signs for 1.12
  • Fix command alias ‘/shopreport’
  • Add a language configuration file
  • Fix problem with complex items
  • Fix a bug when overriding shops
1 Like

Not sure if this is listed or if it is a planned feature. With the trade buy and sell you can literally put whatever you want for it. With no way to track what you are buying mainly.

There needs to be a visual aspect or confirmation for something like this. Without it I can’t imagine many big servers will use this plugin.

Hi.

For every sign, left clicking will list the items involved without performing the transaction.

We can discuss it if you think that is not enough.
Thanks,

1 Like

In my opinion, the left click is enough for confirmation. If you’re sensible when creating a spawn/ mall/ where ever you put your player shops, you’d put a board with all relevant information on it, so players know how to use the plugin.

1 Like

I was not aware of this. If that is the case then I have for sure found our shop plugin.

you may want to notate that somewhere in the wiki so people know it is a thing.

• Fix Device signs not giving money to owner
  • Added aDevices signs
  • Added a line in Lang file for server owner to chose help link
  • Fix a message in console when trying to create sell or buy signs with no economy plugin

• Fix Device signs not giving money to owner
  • Added aDevices signs
  • Added a line in Lang file for server owner to chose help link
  • Fix a message in console when trying to create sell or buy signs with no economy plugin

Hello, I wonder if you can put a feature in the plugin, For AdminShop does not need a bau to have stock. Only with a sign the player buy.

[Buy] needs account + chest with items (for players)
[aBuy] only needs a chest with items (creative money)
[iBuy] needs no chest and no items (creative money and items)

Is this enough or do you need something else? What would be your use case?

Hi,

I’ll have a look at how they store their data before I can answer.

If you already have a github account, can you create an issue with the request so he have a thread to talk about it?

Thanks

Now accept decimal numbers for price

• Add optional shop creation cost
  • Add optional tax for player transactions
  • Add tooltip when hovering over item name in chat after a left click on a sign
  • Add import feature from other plugins
  • Add option to enforce empty hand use a sign
2 Likes