[Discontinued] CommandSigns [v1.3.1] [API 6]

Hey! Is there anyway to make it so that the player must be holding a certain item to gain access to the command sign? I would love to see this implemented!

I’m not sure that makes sense but a setcooldown makes sense for a sign

1 Like

Hey,

This is almost perfect for what im looking for for my server, there is one point I really need to be in this plugin for it to be viable on my server. I want to use it to warp, rank up and TP players but they cant have the permissions for those commands themselves.
Could you add the option to set the commands to be ran from the server instead of the player? like a "/serversign addservercommand " format.

Another nice but less vital addition could be the ability to set permissions on seperate sign.
Example:
I add the permission “rankup1” to a sign, then, if i give the permission “serversign.use.rankup1” to a player it will enable him to use the sign.

Idk if any of those were already suggested but you would make me and my staff very happy if you could add those :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work!
shadoowner

Can you add new feature support money of Economylite and TotalEconomy ?

I’d appreciate it if you added the ability to reset the one time use signs for certain players

How exaclty do i attack a link URL to the signs?

Very long. You no update new vesion plugin and new feature. I feel very sad this plugin.

am having an issue and I feel ive tried to find an answer well enough to ask:
Using luckperms and commandsigns together I am attempting to make a sign that when right-clicked will add the user to a group.
The command Ive been trying to make work is this:

#"#/lp user @p parent set "

it seems luckperms doesnt like the @p selector as it isnt a username or uuid.
I am running Nucleus as well, if that matters.
I have also tried with a “^” instead of the “#”.

Any suggestions?

Can add this soon.

It should be the username, I’ll check it out

Welcome back once more.
Further hope that things are good and will maintain their state of betterment, should you have progressed into that :slight_smile:

You mentioned earlier a cooldown for signs, and the possibility of having an item requirement / cost. Any further input on these?

And as further requests - is it possible for the data placed on signs to be generated into a json or .yaml for ease of editing?
As well as a language file for removing / editing the message given if players use signs they don’t have permissions for.

One thing that I have been doing to attach a URL to the sign is having it message the players the url using /msg

The command I use is the following: /commandsign setcommandsign false msg @p [URL]

Which it will send them a private message to where they can click on the link. Hope this helps :smiley:

1 Like

hey @HassanS6000 not sure exactly how important this is but I am getting this warning on startup:

Part of start log pertaining to commandsigns

Not sure if it is issue tracker worthy or not as the plugin still seems to be working for me.

spongevanilla-1.11.2-6.0.0-BETA-249
CommandSigns 1.3.1

That’s not any error to be worried about. All it is saying is that I am using the Sponge Data API in a harder way, as I had written this when the data api had first come out. Since then they made things easier :wink:

Do the signs NEED to have [commandsign] on the top line? It sort of wrecks the atmosphere I’m trying to set.

Nope, can say anything

1 Like

Good to know. This has just gone up to the top in my search for a replacement to “ServerSigns” from Bukkit.

Hi there I am having some trouble with the plugin on spongevanilla-1.12-7.0.0-BETA-289, now I know that it might be server related since the plugin was made for a earlier version or that the server it self might have new bugs causing the problems, but here is the error messages displayed on loading the plugin.
The issue I am having is that new commandsigns are imposible to make it states that like in previous versions I should right click that sign i want to turn into a command sign using the commandsign setcommandsign, nothing happens not even an error message in console witch points to the listener error upon loading the plugin.

Btw loving the plugin really makes running a server for my kids and their mates so much less of a hassle! :slight_smile:

[04:10:07 ERROR] [Sponge]: Could not pass GameInitializationEvent$Impl to Plugin{id=commandsigns, name=CommandSigns, version=1.3.1, description=This plugins enables server admins to create signs that run a list of commands, targeting the player who clicks them., source=mods\CommandSigns-API-6.0.0-1.3.1.jar}
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.spongepowered.api.data.DataManager.register(Ljava/lang/Class;Ljava/lang/Class;Lorg/spongepowered/api/data/manipulator/DataManipulatorBuilder;)V
at io.github.hsyyid.commandsigns.CommandSigns.onServerInit(CommandSigns.java:139) ~[CommandSigns.class:API-6.0.0-1.3]
at org.spongepowered.common.event.listener.GameInitializationEventListener_CommandSigns_onServerInit3.handle(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
at org.spongepowered.common.event.RegisteredListener.handle(RegisteredListener.java:95) ~[RegisteredListener.class:1.12-7.0.0-BETA-289]
at org.spongepowered.common.event.SpongeEventManager.post(SpongeEventManager.java:349) [SpongeEventManager.class:1.12-7.0.0-BETA-289]
at org.spongepowered.common.event.SpongeEventManager.post(SpongeEventManager.java:366) [SpongeEventManager.class:1.12-7.0.0-BETA-289]
at org.spongepowered.common.event.SpongeEventManager.post(SpongeEventManager.java:370) [SpongeEventManager.class:1.12-7.0.0-BETA-289]
at org.spongepowered.common.SpongeImpl.postState(SpongeImpl.java:205) [SpongeImpl.class:1.12-7.0.0-BETA-289]
at org.spongepowered.server.SpongeVanilla.initialize(SpongeVanilla.java:145) [SpongeVanilla.class:1.12-7.0.0-BETA-289]
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.handler$onServerInitialize$zob000(SourceFile:1237) [nx.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(SourceFile:188) [nx.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:434) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_131]

Hey there, seems like you’re trying to run this plugin on 1.12

Thus far this plugin supports 1.10.2, and possibly 1.11.2; but not 1.12 yet.

Right sorry swapping to an npc addon while I wait as patiently as possible for an update :slight_smile:

Hello hassan i was wondering if the plugin has a cooldown function for lets say i want the command be used each 24 hours so the user uses the sign and once he right clicks the sign its on cooldown for that specific user

if it is allready implemented how do i activate it?