[Discussion] Sponge Minigame API

I wish that Sponge can create an API for minigames.
The API would simply provide a way for plugins to only handle events in the game zone-This sounds simple but is actually a big headache.

Relevant request:

The API might be put in this package:
https://github.com/SpongePowered/SpongeAPI/tree/bleeding/src/main/java/org/spongepowered/api/extra

1 Like

Besides flint GitHub - caseif/Flint: A Minecraft minigame engine., there is also a minigamecore GitHub - MinigameCore/MinigameCore: Framework for creating Sponge minigames
However, both of them do not meet my needs. For flint, it should be sponge dependent to allow more functions. For minigamecore, it is not very well designed…

If SpongePowered can sponsor an official minigame API, it would always be the best.

They won’t add a minigame api to sponge. It’s just not something I see them doing.

Well, you cannot tell until some sponge dev comes

They are very hesitant to add even the basic features needed to accomplish a minigame API (see here), so it’s not likely they would accept something even more constricting.

The only thing I can see them implementing are location based event filters, perhaps using Extent, but nothing beyond that.

2 Likes

sad to hear that.