DragonProxy - Connect to PC servers using Minecraft: Bedrock

Hello!

I am here to tell you about a wonderful software / proxy called DragonProxy. It allows you to join Java edition servers (Sponge, Spigot, etc) using a Minecraft: Bedrock Edition client!

It is for Bedrock 1.2.10 and Minecraft 1.12.2. We may add backwards compatibility in the future.

Demo Server: demo.dragonet.org (join on PE or PC!)

That is the Minecraft Java / Bedrock server IP - stop clicking it! ^

Lead Developer: HoverEpic (Epic) · GitHub
My GitHub: lukeeey (Luke) · GitHub
Source: GitHub - DragonetMC/DragonProxy: 🐲 A proxy to allow Minecraft: Bedrock clients to connect to Minecraft: Java Edition servers.

Stats: https://bstats.org/plugin/server-implementation/DragonProxy/

Download:

• release : stable builds
  • snapshots (take first jar) : developments builds, unstable, latest features

Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/CmkxTz2
Twitter: https://twitter.com/DragonetMC

Features
Note that these features are when joining the PC server via DragonProxy. If you connect from a Java edition client then you are connecting directly to the server and everything will work as normal.

Chat:

• Can see colours in chat and recieve chat
  • Can send chat
  • You can send commands but autocomplete does not work currently

Executing /help does not work because that command is client side. You can get around this by executing /bukkit:help or /minecraft:help

Console:

• Run commands
    • help (Displays commands and help text)
    • stop (Stops the proxy)
    • cache (When a player is connected, displays cached chunks/entities)
  • Debug mode. (Start the proxy with the --debug option or edit the config to enable debug)

Server:

• Join the server with Minecraft: Bedrock 1.2.10 or Minecraft: Java 1.12.2
  • Join online mode (premium) servers (If online mode does not work, use offline mode and report it to us)
  • Join offline mode (cracked) servers

When joining premium servers through the proxy, you get a nice login dialog - look :slight_smile:

World

• Walk around and view the world
  • Place and break blocks (albeit a bit buggy sometimes)
  • Fly around with an elytra!
  • Switch between worlds (if you can get the chunks to load, that is)
  • Explosions! (does need more work, though)
  • Time syncronization

Player

• Hunger
  • Fishing (if that’s your kind of thing)
  • Open chests (moving items is buggy)
  • Experience
  • Attack people! No red hit animation yet though.
  • Ride animals like horses :slight_smile:
  • Swim in the depths of the ocean

Misc:

• Display PC server count on Bedrock
  • Multi language support
  • API in progress

We apparently support Docker as well. Didn’t know about that lol.

VIDEO SHOWCASE: The uploader has deleted the video. If you wanna make one, link it in a comment!

Automatic login is supported if you are lazy and feel safe with putting your login credentials in the config file.

Also if a Java player is dual wielding then you cannot see the item in the offhand.

We also have server plugins for Bungeecord and Spigot in development, and we are looking to create a Sponge plugin :slight_smile:

GitHub stars GitHub watchers

5 Likes

Ohhh looks very nice

Ohh I love the thought of this! How’s the process going? Is it a SpongeVanilla plugin or what type of Sponge will it need? When do you think you’ll have it available for testing as well?

It isint actually a plugin, or anything to do with sponge. However it can allow an MCPE client to connect to a PC server, which includes sponge.

Also, one of the sponge admins seemed interested in the project and is currently on the #dragonet IRC channel on Esper irc

You can test it. Compile the source code or download from Circle CI. Run it for the first time then type stop and close the console window. Then edit config.properties, set offline more to false (do the same for the server) and start up again. Then join the proxy with an MCPE or Windows 10 client. We will fix authentication soon.

Now that’s awesome. My servers running in offline mode for BungeeCord, would that affect you at all?

Having used this proxy, I can say that it’s pretty impressive, though it certainly needs a few devs to lend a hand to get it past Alpha stage and into a usable product. Hopefully you’ll get plenty of help from the Sponge community!

2 Likes

I also wish to see it the other way around. I want to play MCPE on my computer, I know, I know, it is possible with a Android Emulator etc… but come on guys. :blush:

There’s windows 10 edition for pc…

Yeah… No, thank you.

1 Like

i was thinking why you already didnt respond with that :stuck_out_tongue:

HUGE BUMP:

We have updated to MCPE 0.15.4 and we are no longer inactive! We have restarted the repo, not the project

2 Likes

I’d still like to make sure this is a thing? How’s the progress on it? Still updating?

where can I download this? link is broken

Looking at this it’s either dead, or they have started from scratch.

Nope, it’s back and undergoing a refactor

1 Like

oh cool I just saw this thread from Github traffics page.

Okay! So the project is underway again and we have a great new lead developer (listed in the post).

The project actually works now, and pretty well! I have updated the post quite a bit with new features, links, and contact methods. You can also see our github stars :smiley:

We are also planning on adding to our Spigot and Bungeecord plugins to add ways to interact with the proxy from the remote server. Someone has also requested that we make a Sponge plugin too, and that’s just what we will do!

Any questions? Feel free to ask.