From the very beginning

Hi,
I’m a complete beginner on Minecraft and on modding it (but good at java), I’ve just bought and install the game and that’s it.
Reading the SpongeDoc and despite it good content, I haven’t found any documentation about how to getting started from the very beginning…

In the Getting Started session, there’s the “Installing Java” (this part is easy) and then “Migrating to Sponge” , well …, from what ?
Assuming I’m migrating from Vanilla, I don’t understand the documentation from there. I’m not an administrator of any server and don’t know what to do with a fresh vanilla Minecraft build.

Can someone link me some getting started resources to handle the “getting started” ? It may be a good idea to add it on the official doc as well, but maybe I’ve just missing something…

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:.

You don’t have to migrate from another Minecraft server type. I would continue reading the docs on the “Choosing an Implementation” page. Select SpongeForge or SpongeVanilla, and installation instructions are provided. Just follow them step by step! Good luck in your Minecraft adventures!

1 Like

Thanks for your quick reply,
Yep i’ve seen this part too and after putting the Sponge .jar into the mods folder, the game crash at launch :confused:

Can you please post the crash log on Pastebin or a similar service and link it here?

Ok I have find two warnings in the logfile :
It’s seems like I have an advanced version of Mixin or something like this…
Just C/C after the first warning, if you need more, tell me.

[23:04:41] [main/WARN]: Mixin config mixins.common.core.optional.json requires mixin subsystem version 0.6.8 but 0.6.6 was found. The mixin config will not be applied.
[23:04:41] [main/INFO]: Adding new token provider org.spongepowered.mod.SpongeCoremod$TokenProvider to MixinEnvironment[DEFAULT]
[23:04:41] [main/INFO]: Adding new token provider org.spongepowered.mod.SpongeCoremod$TokenProvider to MixinEnvironment[PREINIT]
[23:04:41] [main/INFO]: Adding new token provider org.spongepowered.mod.SpongeCoremod$TokenProvider to MixinEnvironment[INIT]
[23:04:41] [main/INFO]: Loading tweak class name net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLDeobfTweaker
[23:04:41] [main/INFO]: Calling tweak class net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLInjectionAndSortingTweaker
[23:04:41] [main/INFO]: Calling tweak class net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLInjectionAndSortingTweaker
[23:04:41] [main/INFO]: Calling tweak class optifine.OptiFineForgeTweaker
[23:04:41] [main/INFO]: [optifine.OptiFineForgeTweaker:dbg:56]: OptiFineForgeTweaker: acceptOptions
[23:04:41] [main/INFO]: [optifine.OptiFineForgeTweaker:dbg:56]: OptiFineForgeTweaker: injectIntoClassLoader
[23:04:41] [main/INFO]: [optifine.OptiFineClassTransformer:dbg:266]: OptiFine ClassTransformer
[23:04:41] [main/INFO]: [optifine.OptiFineClassTransformer:dbg:266]: OptiFine URL: file:/C:/Users/Arthur/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft/mods/OptiFine_1.10.2_HD_U_D4.jar
[23:04:41] [main/INFO]: [optifine.OptiFineClassTransformer:dbg:266]: OptiFine ZIP file: C:\Users\Arthur\AppData\Roaming.minecraft\mods\OptiFine_1.10.2_HD_U_D4.jar
[23:04:41] [main/INFO]: Calling tweak class net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager$FMLPluginWrapper
[23:04:43] [main/INFO]: Found valid fingerprint for Minecraft Forge. Certificate fingerprint e3c3d50c7c986df74c645c0ac54639741c90a557
[23:04:43] [main/INFO]: Found valid fingerprint for Minecraft. Certificate fingerprint cd99959656f753dc28d863b46769f7f8fbaefcfc
[23:04:43] [main/INFO]: Calling tweak class net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager$FMLPluginWrapper
[23:04:43] [main/INFO]: Calling tweak class org.spongepowered.asm.launch.MixinTweaker
[23:04:43] [main/INFO]: Initialised Mixin FML Remapper Adapter with net.minecraftforge.fml.common.asm.transformers.deobf.FMLDeobfuscatingRemapper@77e2a6e2
[23:04:43] [main/INFO]: Calling tweak class net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLDeobfTweaker
[23:04:43] [main/WARN]: Error loading class: net/minecraft/client/Minecraft
[23:04:43] [main/INFO]: [org.spongepowered.asm.mixin.transformer.MixinTransformer:transform:602]: java.lang.NullPointerException
[23:04:43] [main/INFO]: [org.spongepowered.asm.mixin.transformer.MixinTransformer:transform:602]: at org.spongepowered.asm.mixin.transformer.MixinPreProcessorStandard.transform(MixinPreProcessorStandard.java:530)

Could please post the entire log file? Not much information can be read from the partial log. Also, when posting logs on the forums it can be helpful to encase, like this:

Log goes here

Alternatively, you could also post the logs on Pastebin or Hastebin.

1 Like

here you go :

The Forge server runs fine without Sponge installed, correct?

Yep, forge 2221 & Minecraft 1.10.2 only is fine

Which Sponge version are you running?

the 1.10.2-2221-5.2.0-BETA-2229.jar as the log suggest :
[23:04:41] [main/INFO]: Loading tweaker org.spongepowered.asm.launch.MixinTweaker from spongeforge-1.10.2-2221-5.2.0-BETA-2229.jar

First I would update SpongeForge to the latest version (2341) and Forge to the supported version (2281), just to check if that helps anything.

Ok, I’vent try this because a friend of mine uses this version and we would work together, but I will try just to see if it works. Thanks

Remove OptiFine, it tends to break things.

Additionally you are running Sponge on the client, while this should be tested, used, and supported, it’s somewhat unconventional.

I recommend trying to run the server edition of forge, and see if you continue to have the same issue.

I attempted to recreate your issue, using the same versions of forge, but was unable to connect to the forge download site listed for that particular sponge version.