Holograms - Easily create floating texts

This is a discussion topic for the Ore project, Holograms. View the full project on Ore for downloads and more information.

Holograms

Admins

Join my Discord server for asking questions and getting fast support.

This plugin uses bstats.org which helps me improving the user experience by collecting anonymous data. You can disable this in config/bstats/config.conf.

GriefPrevention flags

Use those commands to allow spawning of Holograms on server startup:

/cf entity-spawn minecraft:armor_stand true
/cf entity-chunk-spawn minecraft:armor_stand true

Plugin developers

This plugin has an API to easily create and manage Holograms by another plugin. Here are instructions how to use the API.

1 Like

A new version has been released for Holograms, it is available for download here.

Changes:

• Added finer permissions(look at the documentation)
  • Changed parameters: /holograms cml <verticalSpace> <numberOfLines/texts>
  • Added button to set text from ingame chat
  • Buttons are explained by a Text when hovering over them
  • Hopefully fixed a bug
  • Added bStats

Would be cool if it supported servers :stuck_out_tongue: like Server Name, Players on server, MOTD :o

Specifically for hubs :slight_smile:

Agree with @GetShrekt. Also the ability to change font/font size.

Text appearance changes are only possible in the dimensions you know(color codes, style e.g. bold).

Saw the wiki. Was just curious. Thanks for the reply though.

A new version has been released for Holograms, it is available for download here.

Updated to v7

1 Like

Please add support for PlaceholderAPI.

When using the latest version of the plugin, the holograms disappear. Yesterday I installed holograms, today they are no longer there.

Some other plugin removed it. Either you have a clue which it is(latest added to the server) or you have to start from a fresh server and add one plugin after another. I assume the removal happens at a server restart.

I have problem with ArmorStand because of GriefPrevention, where I had “entity-spawn” on false (I think). Try to place regular ArmorStand and restart server.

Another problem is with CatClearLag, which is automatically removing all ArmorStand. You need to add this to the config (as I can remember)

1 Like

Thanks for the advice.

Is There a fix for this spam of errors?

It should appear only once for an old Hologram. Does the spam stop?

It seems to occur on server start-up and every time someone joins.

With which plugin version did you set up the holograms and which version do you now use?

Api 5 is where some of them were set up version 2.2. Api 7 is what we now use version 2.3

That’s really weird. Up until now custom data that doesn’t belong anywhere anymore is removed. I would suggest backing up the world and then delete the armor stands that may be responsible for that. (use the kill command with type armor stand and radius like 5).

What is the command for this? I tried using /minecraft:kill @e[type=ArmorStand] and it did not work. Thank you for the quick replies also :smiley:

In the recent Minecraft versions all IDs became lower_case_underscore_separated. So /minecraft:kill @e[type=armor_stand,r=5].