Impending death? of Java Minecraft

Funny part is, once Mojang abandons the java edition of Minecraft, anything will almost be fair game in terms of EULA.

Wow that’s in the Eula huh? Bummer

I guess they could just stop us then.
And since everyone with the java copy also gets the new version, it makes that crappy line in the EULA that much harder to challenge in court. Cause they can make you sign anything, but that doesn’t mean it holds up legally. It just means you need money to fight it.

Thinking about that,sure it was to increase adoption, but that’s probably also a good portion of the reason they gave the new version to everyone with the java version.

And btw I wasn’t trolling, I was legitamatly curious as to why it would be bad. Typing stream of consiousness tgoughts on the matter. The answer is simply their EULA “allows” them to revoke our access.

1 Like

How so? Just because they’re abandoning development on it doesn’t mean they won’t still punish people for misusing it - Microsoft really loves their court cases.

Well, it would hold up in court. If you sign something, it’s binding.
Meanwhile, another part of the EULA says that (if you live in the US) you can’t take them to court - any issues can only be brought to arbitration, not court (you also can’t file class-action lawsuits or class-wide arbitration).
The arbitration document can be found here.