Latch - A locking plugin to protect your containers

A new version has been released for Latch, it is available for download here.

:lock: Latch v0.4.8 for Sponge API 7

As always I HIGHLY recommend you use the latest build of Sponge matching your version and you keep backups of your lock database!

This is a small update, but important as it fixes a critical issue with donation chests. I also added some more command aliases for those familiar with LWC. I apologize for development being slow due to focusing on my studies so I appreciate everyoneā€™s continued support of Latch. If you have any issues or notice an important feature missing, please report them as I do my best to find time to address these concerns.

Features

• Add more command aliases for those familiar with LWC such as /cmodify and /cprivate.

Bugfixes

• Fixed an issue where anyone could take items from donation chests due to changes to Spongeā€™s inventory API and implementation.
  • Added DONATION lock type to suggestions for modify command help.

Code/project changes

• Updated the Gradle wrapper.
  • Changed some usage of a deprecated method to the suggested version.
1 Like

Hey Iā€™m very sorry for the long wait, but the release above has added some of the LWC aliases.

So the plugin already supports some modded containers, or at least should, but not all of them. Many basic ones should work, you just need to add their full block ids to the latch.conf file under the lockable_blocks section of the configuration. Due to mods all behaving differently, this is the best we can do for now. If there are specific modded containers you add, but donā€™t work as you would imagine, please tell me and Iā€™ll investigate supporting them to the best of my ability. It is unlikely to properly support computer like storage though, as those are quite complicated and often spread over larger distances.

Hi, can I suggest that you add custom database features? And can learn LWC, can lock all the blocks? Remove the ā€œlockable_blocksā€=[] option from the config and use latch private to click on any square to lock him, just like LWCā€™s, such as locking stones or wool, because mod blocks are too many to add all blocks to config because I tried to lock the wool and found that no wool in the config caused me to lock it, which made me very confused and I think ā€œlockable_blocksā€=[] This feature is superfluous, sorry, my English is bad, use Google Translate, look Can I reply after that? Thanks, because my sponge server needs it, I wait for you

Are these locks also safe from things such as hoppers and any piping from mods that may try to pull from them?
If these hoppers/pipes were infact not placed by the appropriate player?

If not already a feature available, could this be added? Where such a thing cannot occur, unless the hopper/pipe shares a lock by the same player?
This would enable hoppers/pipes to still be able to work with the chest, but prevent outside users from gaining access to them.

@JiuxiaoYue I do see what youā€™re saying and itā€™s a good, simple idea. I can definitely add some sort of configuration option to do this, will try to get to it in a few days when I have more time.

@Zera_Fox I started to add limited protection from hoppers, through the prevent_adjacent_to_locks config option. It was really the best guaranteed protection I could get working at the time, but now that Sponge has progressed quite a bit thereā€™s probably more I can look into accomplishing. Supporting pipes and other modded transfer blocks is going to be a bit harder though, but I will see what I can do. Will make sure to tag you if I need input or I release something which improves this.

thank you ļ¼ŒI very need this plugin

Hey. I have a Error:
https://pastebin.com/hiuVqMQj

Hello!
Monsier Meronat, might I ask if you intend to update this to SpongeForge 7.1.0 anytime soon. Iā€™m looking to use it but would like to know if you are planning to release a new version anytime soon. I, in no way, intend to rush you or pester you, Iā€™m just curious as to whether I should be looking for another plugin to use for locks or not for now. Your plugin does seem better though, plus it has modded container support to some degree which is highly useful. ^^

Off topic side note - your Guilds plugin from ages ago is quite amazing. It has been two years, but as it still has the WIP progress tag and seems to be in the plugins section, Iā€™m asking with little hope. Do you have any plans to ever continue creating that?

Thanks for your time! :smile:

Hey Castor!

Latch should work just fine on SpongeForge 7.1.0 builds. If there is a specific issue you have, Iā€™d be happy to look into it though. Include the information and a stack trace(if applicable) here or on Github and Iā€™ll get to it as soon as possible.

Relating to Guilds, unfortunately I donā€™t really have time to work on it at the moment. I may eventually look into working on it again as it is my favorite type of plugin. If anything progresses Iā€™ll make sure to notify you!

1 Like

Hello Monsier Meronat!

Iā€™m very sorry, it seems that I mistook a bug that has been occurring on my end for version incompatibility between 7.0.0 and 7.1.0 (Iā€™m still quite new to SpongeForge, you see). :sweat_smile:

I have created a GitHub issue accordingly here: Loading Issue for SpongeForge 7.1.0 Ā· Issue #35 Ā· ichorpowered/latch Ā· GitHub

Thereā€™s no need to hurry though, Iā€™m more than happy to wait, or rather, Iā€™m surprised I got a reply so quickly. :smile:

As for the Guild plugin, Iā€™m happy that youā€™re even considering it, so thank you! Those sorts of plugins really are fun to use.

hiļ¼Œthx for ur hard-working at first.I want to know it can automatic be locked someblock(for example:arcane workbench)when player place it.

Unfortunately you cannot have it automatically lock specific blocks at the moment, but if you set the auto_lock_on_placement to true in the config and make sure the blocks you want to be auto locked are in the lockable_blocks list then all blocks in that list will be automatically locked as private on placement.

Hi, I donā€™t know if itā€™s been mentioned before but weā€™ve found that a chest locked with Latch while not opening by just clicking on it, if you shift click on it with an open hand it will open. It will not open while shift clicking and holding something like a sword. If you need any further information let me know and I will do what I can to help. Thanks! Love your plugin btw - the password feature is awesome.

Any news on the permission based lock limits?
Or the mod compatible with the pipes and hoppers on locked blocks?

Has this become abandoned? D:

A new version has been released for Latch, it is available for download here.

:lock: Latch v0.5.1

As always I HIGHLY recommend you use the latest build of Sponge matching your version and you keep backups of your lock database and Latch config!

This release fixes a few critical bugs with people being unable to open password always locks after someone has already unlocked it and people being able to bypass locks by shift right clicking a chest with an item in your hand. I highly recommend updating to fix these issues.

Bugfixes

Code/project changes

• Updated gradle wrapper.
  • The project now builds for SpongeAPI 7.1.0 instead of 7.1.0-SNAPSHOT.
1 Like