LuckPerms | An advanced permissions plugin

I’ve noted that down. My current priorities are implementing the PermissionService, as discussed above (I expect that to take no more than a few hours to implement, I understand it now :smiley:), and a few other small things suggested by other users on the Bukkit side of things.

If I remember, I’ll tag/message you somehow when I add it.

Sorry for the spam, i’m back at it with a vague problem. As you can see, i’m in the SU group.The SU has the required permissions to use LuckPerms. And it works like a charm from the console.

However, ingame it looks like this:

Trying to run a Nexus command, but nope.

Doesn’t seem to work, can you help me?

Firstly, the output of /perms seems to be falling back to the BungeeCord command. Try with /bperms??

Secondly, which platform are you having trouble applying permissions on? Bungee or Sponge?

/bperms isn’t a command. It’s says it’s unknown.
Also i’m using the most recent Sponge build.

Edit:
Maybe it’s also informative to tell you we’re on a Bungeecord network. If you didn’t know already! :slight_smile:

I suspected that was the case. BungeeCord has a “/perms” command, which will override any Bukkit command by default. If you install LuckPerms on your proxy, this will not be an issue, but that’s beside the point.

You need to use one of the other aliases. /lp /luckperms /perm, etc etc.

Can I ask you to test if you can apply default Minecraft permissions? That means we can work out if it’s a LuckPerms issue, or an issue with the plugin whom the node belongs to.

Test the following commands, and see if it gives you permissions to use the /gamemode command, and vice versa:
/lp user Luck set minecraft.command.gamemode true
/lp user Luck unset minecraft.command.gamemode

It also probably goes without saying, but are there any errors in your console, either when the server starts, or while you execute the commands?

No errors! None at all. The console is just running fine and dandy, only with the execution of the command (ingame) it just fails to check the MySql or something?

Ok. I’ll look into it now. I am spending some time properly sorting the Sponge side of things. Proper implementation of the PermissionService will perhaps solve the issue you’re having. I expect that update to be out really soon. :slight_smile:

This is everything I need. Do you have any idea when API 5 is supported @Luck ?

Perhaps not as soon as I thought. Initially I didn’t think it would take long, but I don’t really want to half-ass it. I was planning to just add a ‘sort-of compatibility layer’ to implement it, but I’ve changed my mind, and am now making a bunch of internal changes so I can do it properly. I’m going to release API 1.6 for LuckPerms, and then PermissionService support for Sponge API 5 shortly afterwards. No current ETA, I’ve still got a fair bit of code to write, I’m not sure how long it’ll take.

1 Like

Updated to the newest release. Still having the “You do not have permission to use this command.” error. What’s your setup in which you can get this to work properly?

I’ve updated it to Sponge API 5.0.0 and implemented PermissionService, but haven’t had a chance to test it just yet. You’ve already posted your setup above, so I’ll try to reproduce using the exact versions and such. I’ll try get that done today, I’ve been a bit busy with other stuff recently :slight_smile:

Excellent! I’ll be sure to test GriefPrevention with it soon.

The option system should work fine.

However… I’m having a hard time getting permissions to work consistently. I’m sure it’s something I’m doing that’s just a bit wonky, but I might as well ask in-case… Do you know if the lookups are cached anywhere internally? It seems that any changes I make to a user don’t seem to actually take effect until the user re-logs…

Not sure, this would be a question for @zml

Bug 1: Giving the users permissions is fine, but using the group system doesn’t seem to work. It won’t recognize the permissions in the group.
Bug 2: If a permission node has been taken away from a user, that user (even if you’ve resynced!) needs to relog for it to be taken away from him/her.

Same setup as before, Sponge build 2.6.35

I’m aware of #2. My only guess is Sponge is caching it somewhere, but I can’t work it out.

I’ll look into #1 now.

Thanks! Seems like you’re making huge progress on the sponge part!

Okayyy, both issues are fixed. As far as I know, that means that the new builds are stable and functional. I’m not aware of any other issues.

(p.s. #2 literally took me 2 hours to work out. I missed one “!” in a seemingly unrelated class, and it screwed up the whole system :disappointed: Fix permissions not being removed on Sponge · lucko/LuckPerms@770b7dc · GitHub)

Going to try this after updating our launcher! Thanks!

Still 1 bug to go! Groups seem to work fine, but only when i specifically mention the permission node. For example: minecraft.command.gamemode WORKS but minecraft.command.* DOESN’T WORK! :slight_smile: