Mailboxes - A Simple Minecraft Mailboxes Plugin

This is a discussion topic for the Ore project, Mailboxes. View the full project on Ore for downloads and more information.

Mailboxes

A Simple Minecraft Mailboxes Plugin

Mailboxes allows players to send mail to each other at player-created mailboxes. To begin place a sign on a chest with [mailbox] on the second line. Assuming you have the mailboxes.create permission, the mailbox will be created! To prepare an item to send in the mail hold the item in your main hand and execute /mailboxes send package <User> where User is the player you want to send the item to. The item will then be wrapped in a package! To mail your package, right-click with it on any mailbox, to check your mail, right-click on any mailbox while not holding a package. To open a sent package, simply hold it in your hand and right-click!

Note: Once a mailbox has been created the sign is optional, feel free to destroy it!

Economy Support

As of Mailboxes v0.3.0, if an economy plugin is installed you may set a cost to sending items in the mail. The prices are set in the mailboxes.conf located in ./config/mailboxes. The default price is $100, to not charge players any fee set the price to $0. Players can also have the appropriate mailboxes.price.bypass permission to not be charged.

Commands

/mb - Displays version information about the Mailboxes Plugin. (Aliases: mb, mailboxes, mail)
/mb send - Prepares the item held in your main hand to send as various types of items in the mail. (Aliases: send, wrap)
/mb send package <User> [Note] - Wraps the item currently held in your main hand into a package addressed to User with an optional Note attached (Notes support format codes!). (Aliases: package)

Permissions

mailboxes.use
mailboxes.create
mailboxes.destroy
mailboxes.command.info
mailboxes.command.send.package
mailboxes.price.bypass.package

Planned Features

• Send different types of mail, packages, letters, notes

Support Me

I will never charge money for the use of my plugins, however they do require a significant amount of work to maintain and update. If you’d like to show your support and buy me a cup of tea sometime (I don’t drink that horrid coffee stuff :P) you can do so here

2 Likes

A new version has been released for Mailboxes, it is available for download here.

#You Don’t Have Mail!

Release v0.2.0

Minecraft 1.10.2 - Tested on spongevanilla-1.10.2-5.0.0-BETA-366

Changes:

• Added mailboxes.use permission to control who can use mailboxes
  • Added mail alias to main mailboxes command.

Enjoy!

A new version has been released for Mailboxes, it is available for download here.

Can you pay for that?

Release v0.3.0

Minecraft 1.10.2 - Tested on spongevanilla-1.10.2-5.2.0-BETA-385

Changes:

• Added economy support, prices to ship items can now be set in the mailboxes.conf file
  • Added mailboxes.price.bypass.package permission to bypass shipping fee

Enjoy!

No Chest, No Problem!

Release v0.4.0

Minecraft 1.10.2 - Tested on spongevanilla-1.10.2-5.2.0-BETA-385

Changes:

• The blocks that can be made into mailboxes can now be specified in the mailboxes.conf file Default: "minecraft:chest"

Enjoy!

1 Like

This is so underrated ! It reminds me of WoW when we add to move to the mailbox to get some items.

Could you add cash on delivery and sending limit per day ?

1 Like

You mean like sending money in the mail? I might make a companion plugin to this that allows to you convert money into a physical item, then you could send that. I can also look into implementing sending limits :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not really, here is how I would imagine cash on delivery :

/mailbox send package MyClient -cd 200 "Hey buddy here is the sword of the deal, it's 200 as we said" Info : Sending with cash on delivery has X% fees, do you agree ? [Accept] [Decline]

On the other hand :

You have a new package with payment by cash on delivery : Sword for 200 [Accept] [Deny] You accepted the parcel, go to a mailbox to get it !

The sender pays fees to insert_virtual_account_here and the items is sent. When the receiver accept the delivery, the amount of money is taken from his account and withdrawn to the sender’s one.

Is it clear enough ? If not, tell me, I will try my best to explain :slight_smile:

Maybe it would look better with the right interaction or in a graphical way.

Thanks for looking at sending limits !

Async Database Calls for the Win!

Release v1.0.0

Minecraft 1.11.2 - Tested on spongeforge-1.11.2-2315-6.1.0-BETA-2381

Changes:

• Updated to Sponge API 6.0
  • Complete rewrite of database structure and interaction

This release brings compatibility with Sponge API 6.0 as well as a complete rewrite of the database to include a much saner and scalable structure, as well as asynchronous calls to fetch data. This should result in a much smoother and more efficient experience. Unfortunately, this new structure breaks compatibility with the old database format. The old database file will not work. If updating from a previous version please ask your players to collect their mail then delete the old database file called data.mv.db located in ~/config/mailboxes. The plugin should then load up as normal.

This release brings an end to the pre-release builds, and marks the first full release of Mailboxes!

Enjoy!

Postal Service, now on Seven!

Minecraft 1.12.2 - Tested on spongeforge-1.12.2-2555-7.1.0-BETA-2817

Changes:

• Update to Sponge API 7

Enjoy!

Hey there! Love your plugin!

I was wondering if it would be possible at all to have a command that would send the same item to everyone on the server? The reason behind this is it would be adorable for weekly newspapers to pop up in everyones mailbox rather than them using a kit ^-^

Thank you~

I’ll see what I can do :slight_smile: