Minecraft Dev for IntelliJ

Once the next update is pushed out, new Sponge Gradle projects created with this plugin will include SpongeStart as the main run config for vanilla testing.

3 Likes

Is this project dead? I remember seeing it ages ago and thinking about how nice this was.

It’s not dead at all and is actually getting a lot of mixin debugging and assistance features by minecrell recently. It practically supports all major plugin/mod APIs now as well.

You should be able to find a proper working version in the past few versions of IntelliJ, even the 2017.1 EAP, by searching for “Minecraft” in the plugin repository.

It’s a great plugin to use, especially for developing Sponge.

1 Like

I mean, I haven’t committed as much recently due to the holidays, but all you have to do is check the commit history and PR discussions, etc. to see that this isn’t dead.

5 Likes

I like nice comebacks ( especially if they are laced with sarcasm) :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I was lazy :stuck_out_tongue: I tend to be that way.

Is there a way to pick the vision of sponge to make the plugin?

Once you select Sponge, you can use the “Sponge API” drop-down box to choose your version of the API. Here’s a screenshot to illustrate this:

Hiya!

Trying this out for the combo sponge/forge support and it works like a charm for building my jars.

For in dev environment testing of server though, it seems to run without sponge? Just checking if I’m doing something wrong. Ideally I hit start server, then it builds my sponge plugin with the forge support and the server loads everything together.