MMCRules - Force players to read and accept the rules

This is a discussion topic for the Ore project, MMCRules. View the full project on Ore for downloads and more information.

Description

This plugin is designed to force users to read and accept the rules of the server before being able to do certain actions. (configurable)

Support

Github

Features

• Configurable restrictions for not accepting the rules
  • Configurable feedback messages
  • Reset a single player or everyone to accept the rules again
  • Option to teleport a player after accepting the rules

Permissions

• mmcrules.commands.settp - Set the teleport location for when a player accepts the rules
  • mmcrules.commands.reset - Force a player to read and accept the rules again
  • mmcrules.commands.resetall - Force all players to read and accept the rules again
  • mmcrules.commands.acceptfor - Accept the rules for a player

Commands

• /rules
  • /acceptrules
  • /mmcrules settp
  • /mmcrules reset (player)
  • /mmcrules resetall
  • /mmcrules acceptfor (player)

Pictures

Default message for when a player attempts to build before accepting rules (in enabled)

Restriction

BStats

This plugin uses bStats to anonymously collect usage data.

You can disable this by going to config/bstats/config.conf.

All collected stats can be found here: https://bstats.org/plugin/sponge/MMCRules

Donate

If you like what I do, Please consider giving a donation, every little helps! :slight_smile: Donate

2 Likes

A new version has been released for MMCRules, it is available for download here.

Fix bug with pagination

A new version has been released for MMCRules, it is available for download here.

Fix chatPrefix config option

Added:

• Option to display a header above the rules in /rules

Added

• Option for /rules command alias
  • Option for player to be vanished before accepting the rules

Hello leelawd93,

Was just wondering if this will get updated to API 7? :smiley: Really like using it

API7? 1.12.x :(?

v1.2.1
  • Build against API7

here you go, I kind of already had this but i had forgotten to upload it ;( sorry

Thank you are the best​:heart_eyes::+1:

Can I share this nice plugin to the MCBBS?

MCBBS is the biggest forum in China.

If U allow me,I’ll link the cursegorge page.

Thank U!

Sure, no problem :slight_smile:

http://www.mcbbs.net/thread-802611-1-1.html

THANK U

Hope you can make more nice plugins!

Add functionality for H2 and Mysql datastores

The old data will no longer work with this version, it will not be converted over to the new datastore either.

Update bStat metrics

THIS UPDATE WILL USE A DIFFERENT LIST FROM PREVIOUS VERSIONS
Your old list will still be there, but will not be used. Please copy over your rules to the new format.

Added:

• Hover description of each rule (Optional, leave blank to not have a hover message)
  • Button to accept rules at the bottom of /rules (Only shows up if config text is not blank & player has not already accepted)
  • Bypass permission to not have to accept the rules (useful for linked permissions cross server but separate rule systems)
    • mmcrules.bypass

Removed:

• Bstats metrics

Fixed:

• issue with H2 datastore

Ohh nice update. Any way to transfer the previous list to the new one?

Fix prefix not showing

no, but the format is as follows:
It also is not under any parent node

list=[
	{
        desc=""
        rule="Rule 1"
    },
    {
        desc=""
        rule="Rule 2"
    }
]

Awww. I’ve had the files reset one time before and I swear a lot of players don’t read and just think the server glitched them into not being able to move. They either come to discord for support or just leave. Having this reset again might be painful lol