Mod (OreGenerator) works without sponge, with sponge it dosen't HELP


#1

HI, i found a mod on https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/gmcgenmod what is actually a oregenerator like it exist for bukkit. It works for 1.12.2 but if i use it when i have spongeforge-1.12.2-2611-7.1.0-BETA-2990.jar installed it stops working. Anything what we can do here to get this work? Or is there a plugin what does the same (i couldn’t find one)


#2

Can you please post the log files, and full versions of Sponge, the mod, and forge?


#3

Sponge Forge = spongeforge-1.12.2-2611-7.1.0-BETA-2990.jar
Forge Version = Forge-14.23.2.2641
gmCGENmod = gmcgenmod-mc1.12-v1.4.jar
( link to the gmCGENmod https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/gmcgenmod )
because there is no error posting the log files would not help i guess.
I am running BungeeCord with 3 servers. From the CMD window i can see BungeeCord is the BungeeCord-Bootstrap:1.12-SNAPSHOT:cbfd64:1308.
Anything else what i should give for info? Are those the right infos what you need?


#4

Well, right off the bat, I can see a forge<->sponge version mistmatch… Ideally forge and sponge should be the same version number. I am not saying this is the whole issue however.

Secondarily, and it’s kinda a pet peeve of mine… Please please please do not choose what to send if asked for something. When people are trying to help, because you asked, they are probably asking for your sake or from previous knowledge/situations… please do not assume whay they need, chances are is that they know what they are doing. Log files are still useful to check things such as quite, usually unimportant errors, and to check for things like: is the player even beginning to connect. In this case, I would like to see the latest log for sponge/forge, and the bungeecord log.

If you are concerned about there being private data in the logs or something, please just go through the logs and replace important information with the word redacted or something. This way developers and support can ask you for a sepecific peice of information.

I apologise if anything in this is unclear, it’s 3 on the morning and I’m a bit tired :stuck_out_tongue:


#5

Nah, you full in the right to say that, i have to apologise to be so blunt and think there is nothing what can help in the log files. To the issue with mismatch of version numbers, i checked that and made a new setup with matching forge numbers (Sponge and forge on client / server) what didn’t make any changes. It is getting late here as well so i will hope you will have a nice rest and i will post my logs tomorrow. Thanks so much for the reply.


#6

I made a new setup where this time the forgenumbers from forge and sponge matching, same outccome tho, mod is not working. Attached are all the logs from server and client as requested. Thanks

https://drive.google.com/open?id=10k9f9Z8UkC_82jTMJDgcz2k399tXpEgh

Because of the size i was not bale to post the logs or upload the files here (can only upload png’s etc) So i had to link to my google drive.


#7

So I am at a loss here, I would assume that for some reason, the generator is not being called due to a mismatch of name or ID or something. Not entirely sure how generators are handled though. Hopefully someone else will know.

I do want to apologize for my bluntness in my last post, it was a little harsher that I typically am (I think), and should have been written better. I was taking my annoyance at a few people on the forums, out on you.


#8

Thats ok, i din’t take it on the hard side your last post and you where right anyway with what you said. no offence taken :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks for looking into it and i hope someone else can figure out why this is not working when it should. Maybe the functions used in the mod are not taken care of in sponge, i don’
t know.