Most lag from org.spongepowered.common.event.tracking.TrackingUtil.tickTileEntity()

As the title says, after profiling my server thread, most of the delay in tps is do to this.
Is there any way I can change the update frequency on tracking? Or any other way to help this besides deleting tile entities?

I believe sponge has a tileentity-activation section in the config where you can adjust activation ranges, which in turn should tick them less.

# Controls block range and tick rate of tileentities.
    # Use with caution as this can break intended functionality.

and then further down

tileentity-activation {
    # If enabled, newly discovered tileentities will be added to this config with default settings.
    # Default activation block range used for all tileentities unless overidden.
    # Default tick rate used for all tileentities unless overidden.
    # Per-mod overrides. Refer to the minecraft default mod for example.
    mods {}

Of course I would use a test server to test for issues first, as even the configs warns of issues.

Ahh thank you.
Now I’m trying to reload my sponge config with /sponge reload but it says At least one target flag must be specified.
I get this message a lot with sponge and I don’t know what to do about it.

It’s asking you to define the config you’d like to reload. The global config would be sponge reload -g.

Thank you! There’s no tab complete so I never could figure that out

Sometimes you have to type two spaces and then try <TAB>.

literally anything that ticks will be passed through that, says nothing about performance at all
@DrZoddiak suggestion is completely irrelevant to this

Note that all entity ticks on the server get funneled through org.spongepowered.common.event.tracking.TrackingUtil.tickEntity(). This causes the method to be shown as consuming a large portion of the tick time, but in reality, nearly all of the time is spent in the actual tick methods that it wraps.

After deeper investigation, it seems to be the mod BetterQuesting causing it.