đźš« ModBanner | Ban undesirable mods

Hi, this is my first Sponge plugin, this prevent players join with some mods you don’t like

:computer: Commands:

:heavy_check_mark: Manage Commands

• “modbanner.bypass” - By pass permisison users with this permission will not be kicked while using banned mods
  • modbanner.command.add - /modbanner add (Add mod to blacklist) (Names dont need be the same, you can use ray to block: [xxray, ExtremRaYXXD] etc)
  • modbanner.command.remove - /modbanner remove (Remove mod from blacklist)
  • modbanner.command.list - /modbanner list (See all blacklisted mods)
  • modbanner.command.manage - /modbanner (add/remove/list)

:recycle: Reload Commands

• modbanner.command.reload - /modbanner reload (Reload configuration/banned mods (Not needed if you add mods through command))

:mag_right: Info Commands

• modbanner.command.modinfo.player - /modinfo player (See all mods player use)
  • modbanner.command.modinfo.mod - /modinfo mod (See all players who used that mod)

:cd: Downloads:

Currently Working for 1.10.2 (API 5.1.0): https://github.com/rodel77/ModBanner/releases/latest

:fax: Configuration:

You only need to change the configuration for kick message, for add/remove see commands up!
For kick message you can use %mods% for display the banned mods player is using (/modbanner reload for apply changes)

##:bug: Issues:

Report issues here: Issues · rodel77/ModBanner · GitHub

:warning: Note:

What is ModBanner:

• A plugin that kick players who use banned mod based on the connection information they send

What isn’t ModBanner

• A plugin to prevent completly any plugin

This plugin collect information from the handshake package that client sends, users can modify their handshake or modnames, and you can do nothing about it…

##:medal: Donate
You really love my work? Donate here =D

5 Likes

I won’t go over all of your plugins and the things you can do to improve it, but I do have a few things to point out. First off you should probably specify that this will only work with SpongeForge, not with SpongeVanilla.

Secondly, why not listen to an earlier connection event and just deny the connection then, instead of waiting until they are already on the server? If they have already gotten on the server for a whole second at that before you kick them, they could have already had some advantage that server owners would maybe like to deny.

4 Likes

You know it’s trivial for a malicious player to evade this right? A client-side mod can easily change the data sent out over the forge handshake to not show any mods. As with any type of security, fundamentally you can’t trust the client.

I say it in the thread, it’s impossible stop malicious player, but this stop a bit “It’s something”

3 Likes

Could you add a whitelist for players?

1 Like

Released 1.1.0 Release 1.1.0 | Permission and vanilla fix · rodel77/ModBanner · GitHub

Issues Fixed:

• Added more permissions (Check it in README.md) #1
  • Fixed error in vanilla #2

can ban mod resourpack ? because some mod use resourepack.

If you’re concerned of xray resourcepacks, those do not exist on 1.10.2

Handshake currently do not send resource pack info

Released 1.1.1 Release 1.1.1 | Refixed vanilla errors · rodel77/ModBanner · GitHub

• Refixed vanilla players errors (Issue #2)
1 Like

That’s a nice pre-filter for sneaky players, thanks for the plugin :slight_smile:

Oh. I think this plugin can be better. Why we ban the undesirable mods,The player can change they MOD’s name.We can agree some mods,That’s better.(My grammar is not good.)
For example
I use the MOD to banned the Xray,But player changge the MOD’s name ,so the plugin become useless.
So,I think the plugin not ban MOD,but allow mod.
Hope you can agree with me.:grin:

I am so tried. I come form China.The translate not 100% true.:joy:

In the same way that a person can change the mod name so that it isn’t blocked, couldn’t they change the name to a mod/plugin that’s whitelisted?
This plugin doesn’t prevent all forms of cheating, it’s just a very light way of preventing some users from using undesirable mods. Since many mc players don’t have in depth understanding on how mods work, they aren’t likely to extract the files in order to trick the server.

Do agree on a whitelist option though :slight_smile: It can make it easier on server admins to manage which mods are blocked, as there’s so many different undesirable mods out there, it’s hard to block all of them.

3 Likes

Oh.YES.I did not think of that :joy: Thanks for your remind

The mod cannot be better, it use all info forge give in handshake, its a prefilter and its imposible make a thing detect all hacks

1 Like

Why? This plugin works good, like i say in the last reply, this plugin use all possible things from forge is not possible make it better

Anything planned for 1.11.2 ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there, i am very suprised… 2.3k views and 202 downloads, thanks all for downloading this mod!!

Currently i have very busy, with ton of projects, i create this thing for a pixelmon server, and then i publish it, and now pixelmon disappear then i drop lot of sponge projects

But i will try to make full version support, stay tunned for more news!

Cheers and thanks, rodel77! :slight_smile:

Heey! I am back in Sponge with a new release, i fixed the bug that everyone reported =D

Download now https://github.com/rodel77/ModBanner/releases/tag/1.1.2

PD: Tested in 1.10, 1.11, 1.12