NostalgiaGen 0.6 - Generate Minecraft Alpha/Beta worlds on your Sponge/Forge server

Does this world generator support the nether? I use the Sponge version on my Forge server, world created with Nucleus. It works, but when we enter the nether, the terrain is normal world terrain with dark fog and lots of mobs, but no nether scenery or items.

Please advise.

Are you still working on this mod?

It supports the latest version of Sponge, and given old versionsā€™ generation doesnā€™t change thereā€™s not much to do :stuck_out_tongue:

Having said that, Minecraft Forge for 1.14 is almost ready so that might be something thatā€™s looked into.

Dude this is insane! I thought Beta+ was the only modern mod left that recreated old world terrain generation. Thing is though, Beta+ does a great job but yours is 1:1 with the same biomes and everything! Itā€™s crazy! Thanks! Hope ya update it to 1.14 when you get the time!

how do I get this to work on a server? this is my first time using spongeforge

Hi! First let me say THANK YOU SO MUCH. Iā€™ve been searching for a mod like this for literally 8+ years. Ever so often I found one that worked only for it to die so really, you are my hero.

1.) Is there a way this mod can work in an already generated world? Iā€™ve been playing the same Beta World since 2011 and need to generate some new terrain. I know this mod works for generating a world, but is there a way the mod can load chunks in an existing world?

Iā€™m able to use chunk editors to copy and paste new chunks in, but it would be easier if they could load in on their own.

2.) Iā€™m pretty lost on how forge servers and stuff work: how exactly am I to install this to a forge server? I have the server running, but donā€™t know how to load the mod in.

Thank you again for making this, youā€™ve saved the only minecraft world I play. Iā€™d appreciate any guidance on what to do from here!

Hiya! I have some ideas how you can deal with these issues.

(1) To modify an existing world you will need to change the generator it uses. That data is stored as nbt data in the level.dat file inside the world folder, and normally needs special editing tools (or a plugin) to modify. If you did, the consequences may be horrible chunk borders where the terrain suddenly changes - think walls of water, dead-straight cliffs, and the like. The bigger the border, the more of this ugly stuff youā€™ll get. It can be smoothed out by hand, but it takes a lot of work, so you know what youā€™re getting into. And always, always make lots of backups.

(2) To install it, just put the Forge version in your mods folder (links are in the OP) . But youā€™ll need to find another mod (or Sponge plugin) to actually use the generator to create a second world. An example is shown in the OP, using the Sponge plugin Nucleus. You might be able to modify the server.properties to change the level type and / or generator-settings to use nostalgiagen:beta_1.7.3, which should force the overworld to use that generator by default. You would then have to delete the world and recreate it to see the settings at work.

Thank you so much! I will try these both this weekend. I really appreciate the help!

The Sponge plugin doesnā€™t seem to be working with the latest 1.12.2 releases of Forge and SpongeForge anymore: https://pastebin.fun/n4iqLEb8fJ

I used the following instruction to build the world: "world create 111 --gm 1 -s 2151901553968352745 -g nostalgiagen:beta_1.7.3 --di peaceful -c true", as you described the method.
It did build. But how do I get into that world?
Iā€™m not very familiar with Nucleus, I donā€™t seem to find the instructions that Iā€™m sending, and /tp doesnā€™t seem to work.
(ps: Iā€™m not a native English user, and my understanding is still dependent on Microsoft Translation.)
Iā€™d like to ask you to help me with a solution. I canā€™t find a way to go into the world or the plug-in I want to use, does nare to modify the default configuration to get in?
I hope you can accommodate me and help me solve this problem.Thanks a lot.
HyBoxwood

Well,I know the way fixed my problem.
but,As you said,leaves are breaking,that it couldā€™t be finish what my want:to take screenshot of this seed,the trees are important,or anything are important.If itā€™s no way to fix,I should to find the next mod.
I hope that you can make another mod for the leave,for the view,for the 100% same.
Anyway,it still a successful mod.But I still wanna the great tree.:slight_smile: