Offering Server to Dedicated Owner

Greeting everyone!

My name is Simon. I’ve been working with servers for over 4 years, and currently have a server that I’m not making use of and don’t have the time for a project on my own. The server is open for the next two months, so I’d like to offer up an opportunity for someone interested in creating a server.

I am looking someone who is has experience working on servers and is capable of building a server from the ground up. I’m expecting someone who is dedicated to the project, is willing to put the time in, and has the ability to make it happen. This is primarily your show - it’s up to you how to run it, but I will be keeping an eye on things from a distance and be available if need be.

You will be given two months to build up your server to the point where it is self-sufficient (for info about what happens after that, see the questions below). Any proceeds from the server are to be recycled into the server for paying for a website, advertising, or other expenses.

If you are interested, please provide some information about your past experience with servers and what you be interested in doing with this one. You are welcome to respond below, send a private message, or contact me on Discord (Simon_Flash#5219) - just make sure I have a way to get ahold of you via Discord! Additionally, please review the FAQ section below before contacting me - it saves a lot of time for both of us and should cover most of the questions you have.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please post them below and I’ll get back to you shortly. Thank you!

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Why are you offering a server for free?
A: The server has two months available on it, but I cannot afford the time to manage the server with my other projects. I would rather give someone the opportunity to create a server than have it sit for that time, so here I am.

Q: What happens at the end of the two months?
A: If the server is self supported, I will renew it and consider upgrading to meet the demands of the playerbase. If the server is unsuccessful, then you will receive a copy of the server files and I will not be renewing it.

Q: What are the server specs?
A: The server is 5GB SSD hosted by BisectHosting out of Buffalo, NY.

Q: Will I be required to provide any money?
A: No. The server is paid for through November and I will renew it if it primarily self-sufficient. I will not be paying for any other expenses such as advertising, staff, or a website.

Q: What are you looking for in an owner?
A: You should have past experience running a server, managing a staff team, and working with plugins/ftp. I am also looking for someone who has a unique, well defined concept planned out for what they want to do. You should be able to explain clearly how the server is going to work and what you need to put it together. It is expected that you are capable of running a server without my assistance on a day-to-day basis, and are willing to dedicate the effort and time to do so. Furthermore, I am looking for someone who is preferably 16+ (I’m not picky with age, but I am picky with maturity, experience, and capability) who is comfortable with Discord voice chat for communication and is available relatively often.

Q: Do you have any other requirements?
A: I am not looking to partner this server with a network; I prefer giving an individual the opportunity instead. Additionally, I am no longer interested in things like RPG servers as they are overly complex and unreasonable for a two month time period. As I am familar with Sponge development (and this is the Sponge forums), I would prefer the server to run using Sponge.

1 Like