The SpongePowered team is excitedly almost ready to officially launch Ore! With the official launch comes the proper attention the plugin submissions deserve. Ore is meant to be a trustable repository of Spongy goodness and thus needs a skilled team to review the various files submitted to the site.
We are looking for qualified applicants who meet these criteria:
- Can read decompiled Java code.
- Familiarity with the Sponge API.
- Able to identify problematic code such as:
- Misuse of API such as secret commands to OP a player.
- Malicious code to harm or take over someone’s server.
- Regularly present on SpongePowered discord server or IRC channels, for internal review team discussion.
- Able to collaborate with peers to make decisions.
- Willing to admit to making mistakes, and learn from them.
Additionally, the following are helpful but not required:
- Familiarity with Minecraft internals via Forge, Mixins, etc.
- Love of cat pictures.
Here is basically what your duties working on the Ore Review Team would be:
- Evaluate submitted project pages and plugin code on Ore to ensure compliance with the Guidelines.
- Review flagged project pages and plugin code on Ore for concerns.
- Communicate regularly with the Ore Review Team to discuss findings, review tricky code, and share cat pictures.
If you feel you meet these criteria and would like to help, please fill out this form: https://goo.gl/forms/fbgJOw6HxBVCXGic2
We’ll be reviewing applications in the following weeks. Hope to hear from you soon!