ParticleEffectCombinator - Generate complex particle effects based on a series of basic elements

This is a discussion topic for the Ore project, ParticleEffectCombinator. View the full project on Ore for downloads and more information.

ParticleEffectCombinator

ParticleEffectCombinator is a Sponge plugin for generating complex particle effects based on a series of basic elements.

ParticleEffectCombinator depends on SpongeAPI 5.2.0, and additionly supports SpongeAPI 7.0.0, so it is expected to work normally on SpongeVanilla/SpongeForge 1.10.2, 1.11.2, and 1.12.2 servers.

Use /pec display sphere to trigger the effect shown above.

The plugin now is not so stable because of the lack of testing. If a bug was found, you can submit an issue or a pull request on GitHub.

Commands & Permissions

All the commands start with /pec.

• /pec version
    Used to check version information
  • /pec list
    Used to list all available particle effects
  • /pec reload
    Used for reloading all particle effects in the configuration files (Sponge’s own reload system is also available)
  • /pec display <effect-name>
    Used to display particle effects
    • /pec display <effect-name>
      Display the particle effects at what is at the foot of the command executor to all players
    • /pec display <effect-name> for zzzz_ustc
      Display the particle effects to zzzz_ustc only (for and at can be used together)
    • /pec display <effect-name> at 233 33 333
      Display the particle effects at (233, 33, 333) (for and at can be used together)

All the permission strings available:

• pec
    All the permissions related to this plugin
  • pec.list
    Permission for executing the /pec list command
  • pec.reload
    Permission for executing the /pec reload command
  • pec.send.<effect-name>
    Permission for executing the /pec display <effect-name> command

License

You can spread it to almost anywhere applicable to LGPL license without having to manually request for my agreement. There are only two websites which need to be noticed: mcbbs (a Minecraft forum in China, http://www.mcbbs.net/), and here (the Sponge Forum). The only reason is that I have already posted the plugin in these two places, and the repost is not welcomed by forums.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry that I have recreated the project because the plugin name ParticleCombinator has been changed to ParticleEffectCombinator, and the plugin id particlecombinator has also been changed to pec, so I should delete the old ore project (and the corresponding forum post) and then recreate a new one. @Keuterio @Selki

1 Like

@zzzz
This plugin is completely amazing!

Can you improve such as add some great effects, like the three present.
For example: mobs heads or a customizable message with text appearance effects. A time of appearance would be great with a loop system because we can only make it appear via a block command …

Continue your work does not give up please.
This plugon is huge!

(Update for API 6 and 7?)

A new version has been released for ParticleEffectCombinator, it is available for download here.

• Add tag completion for effect names