PetBlocks - PetBlocks is a spigot and also a sponge plugin to use blocks and custom heads as pets in Minecraft

A new version has been released for PetBlocks, it is available for download here.

Developer Notes

• Please be careful with updating the config.yml as tags changed.
  • I have worked together with https://minecraft-heads.com to offer 2 new sponsored categories.
  • I also want to highlight that adding new categories is now possible because of the scripting engine.
  • Special thanks to patreon supporter “Jan Oplt” for supporting the PetBlocks project!

Changes

• #109 Added new engine option for setting the default particle wiki.
  • #110 Added new engine option for setting the default name wiki.
  • #119 Added scripting engine for categories and scrolling wiki.
  • #148 Changed DB Context to Connection pool when using Sponge.
  • #151 Added option to interact with the new GUI engine via the Developer API wiki.

Bugs/Issues

• #140 Fixed MySQL when using Sponge.
  • #142 Fixed wearing pets can cause desynchronisation errors.
  • #144 Fixed wearing pets displays impact particles when using Bukkit or Sponge.
  • #145 Fixed pet does not respawn automatically when changing items in the GUI on Sponge.
  • #150 Fixed config join settings where broken when using Bukkit or Sponge.
  • #154 Fixed exception is getting thrown on server stop when using SpongeForge.
  • #156 Fixed DB connection crash on Sponge.

Works great but we get this error on the console when someone uses a crafting table… [17:19:07] [Server thread/ERROR] [Sponge]: Could not pass ClickInventoryEvent$Pr - Pastebin.com

Thanks, I have added a ticket on github. Should be fixed next version.

hello, it’s really a nice plugin! but, it did not support version 1.10.x
can u make the this nice and useful plugin support 1.10.x
thank u !

There is already a ticket for this on github. It should be able to support 1.10 in the future :slight_smile:

Heya, are you on discord? I’ve been extensively testing your plugin against RBs like 3206 and above, and I keep running into certain weird issues. My beta tester posted to your github, but I was wondering if you were in any discord (like Sponge’s!) so we can chat directly in regards to Sponge cross-version compatibility. If you are somewhere in there, message me directly please! (@Rasgnarok#6969)

Yes, I have got a discord server now. https://discordapp.com/invite/Y27tx8Y

A new version has been released for PetBlocks, it is available for download here.

Developer Notes

• Adding support for the new minecraft version (1.13) has been difficult this time as there are many big changes. The spigot-server.jar (and minecraft 1.13 in general in my opinion) is far from being stable for production. Even my development world corrupted several times when working on this update so please be very careful and take precautionary measures!
  • Join the new discord if you have got further questions.
  • As always, special thanks for my patreon supporters!

Changes

• #165 Added support for spigot 1.13 and minecraft 1.13.
  • #166 Changed the build server configuration for faster builds by caching dependencies.
  • #168 Refactored particles, added wiki page and developer api wiki.
  • #169 Refactored sounds, added wiki page and developer api wiki.

Bugs/Issues

• #161 Fixed permissions of the minecraft-heads categories miss the suffix in the default config.yml.
  • #162 Fixed inventory checking throws an error when using Sponge.
  • #171 Fixed colored items and titles cause the inventory to break using Sponge.
2 Likes

Developer Notes

• This update is prioritising fixing issues for both bukkit and the spigot version and making the sponge version a lot more stable.
  • Thanks to all the new members of my discord which helped a lot resolving issues and improving PetBlocks!
  • As always, special thanks for my patreon supporters!

Changes

• #129 Refactored the deprecated dependency logic which means it can be easily accessed via the PetBlocksApi.
  • #175 Added support for the GriefPrevention plugin for PetBlocks-Sponge wiki.

Bugs/Issues

• #179 Added description to resolve this uncommon error to the FAQ.
  • #180 Fixed rightclicking and carrying pets by refactoring it.
  • #177 Fixed GUI Exception when using PetBlocks-Sponge.
  • #178 Fixed displaying correct exception.
  • #181 Fixed refactoring the worldguard dependency.
  • #183 Fixed the unbreakable tag does not get recognized when using PetBlocks-Sponge in the latest version.
1 Like

Developer Notes

• I was actually thinking about waiting a while until I release another update, however I have prioritised it as the 1.13.1 support is highly important to many server owners.
  • Please take a look below, the config.yml has changed!
  • Special thanks to my patreon supporters!

Changes

• #190 Added support to Minecraft and Spigot version 1.13.1.
  • #190 Added NMS registry for 1.13.1.
  • #192 Refactored the custom skin and renaming action to the script engine wiki.

Bugs/Issues

• #191 PetBlocks do not always respawn on equipment change on Bukkit server.

config.yml

Please add the script tag to skullnaming-pet and naming-pet if you do not want to recreate your config.yml

gui:
  items:
    skullnaming-pet:
      enabled: true
      position: 37
      page: 'WARDROBE'
      id: 397
      damage: 3
      skin: 'none'
      name: '&2&lCustom costume'
      script: 'executing action customskin petblocks.action.customskin'
      unbreakable: false
      lore:
        - '&7Use the skin of another player as costume.'
    naming-pet:
      enabled: true
      position: 27
      unbreakable: false
      id: 421
      damage: 0
      skin: 'none'
      name: '&6&lRename'
      script: 'executing action rename petblocks.action.rename'
      page: 'MAIN'
      lore:
        - '&7Change the name of your pet.'

Are there any other pet plugins on Sponge which work on both SpongeForge and SpongeVanilla?

I daresay you are the only one

Developer Notes

• This is the initial release of the PetBlocks plugin rework starting with the new major version number 8.
  • PetBlocks has been reworked the last couple of months in order to adapt to the changing requirements
    of the minecraft server world.
  • However, this means all old config files and saves are not compatible anymore. There is also no way to update them in the first place. Delete the PetBlocks folder on your server before you install this update, if you are using MySQL simply delete the database tables in your database with the SHY_ prefix.
  • PetBlocksBukkit is still compatible from spigot 1.8.0 to 1.13.2
  • PetBlocksSponge is still compatible from SpongeVanilla/SpongeForge 1.12.0 - 1.12.2.
  • Please report any issues you encounter on github, spigot or discord. I’ll try to fix them as soon as possible to make PetBlocks a stable plugin.

Changes

• #200 Reworked the PetBlocks plugin and replaced all old parts from 2015.
  • #200 Reworked completly how pets work and act.
  • #200 Added new ai, skin and user settings actions.
  • #200 All pet properties do now get stored per players.
  • #200 Added better custom model support for pets.
  • #200 PetBlocksBukkit is now compatible to all region and world plugins.
  • #200 Pets can now be crafted and designed how they act. wiki
  • #200 Changed the wiki for the new options.
  • #200 any many more… wiki

Developer Notes

• This release fixes the first issues from the 8.0.0 release.
  • As always, special thanks to my patreon supporters!

Changes

Bugs/Issues

• #206 , #224, #231 Fixed enabling the pet on certain SpongeForge configurations.
  • #204 Fixed the rightclicking the pet with armor can cause troubles on certain configurations.

Please view the full patch notes on https://github.com/Shynixn/PetBlocks/releases.

Developer Notes

1. Rename your current config.yml to anything else
  2. Let PetBlocks recreate it’s config by executing /petblockreload
  3. Copy the section below minecraft-heads-pet-skins and paste it into your renamed config
  4. Delete the new config and rename your renamed config to config.yml

Changes

• #238 Added new sponsored skins from minecraft-heads.com.
  • #234 The config.yml gets now recreated on /petblockreload

Bugs/Issues

• #235 Fixed a bug in PetBlocks-Sponge disabling all player inventories
  • #233 Fixed the JavaDocs for the PetBlocks-Sponge-Api where not visible.
1 Like

Developer Notes

• This update fixes many issues with AIS in PetBlocks and introduces a more detailed wiki.

Changes

• #242 Changed the default spawning error message in the config.yml.
  • #242 Changed the wiki pages for AIS to simplify their usage.
  • #242 Added an example how to create custom AIS via the PetBlocks developer API.

Bugs/Issues

• #242 Fixed some AIS in PetBlocks are broken and not correctly registered.
  • #245 Fixed region and entity plugins are cancelling the spawning of pets.
  • #246 Fixed distance measuring.
  • #247 Fixed worldguard forgot to check for unknown entitytype.

Developer Notes

Bugs/Issues

• #251 Fixed pets do not get cleaned up when a player leaves the server while riding/wearing them.

Developer Notes

Changes

• #257 Added support for the latest sponge recommend build.
  • #258 Pets cannot be removed by other plugins anymore in sponge.

Bugs/Issues

• #253 Fixed compatibility issues to the latest 1.14.2 spigot build.
  • #255 MySQL Jdbc driver could not be located in sponge.
  • #256 Griefprevention does not detect PetBlocks entities in sponge.

Developer Notes

Changes

• #269 Added new sponsored skins from minecraft-heads.com.
  • #262 Added config.yml option to set the database table prefix.

Bugs/Issues

• #264, #267 Fixed PetBlocks does not work when using Java 12.
  • #260 Fixed JDBC driver configuration crashes PetBlocks in spigot version below 1.9.
  • #266 Fixed displayname column only allowed to store pet displaynames below 32 characters.
  • #261 Fixed other plugins get confused by custom entity events of PetBlocks.

Changes

• #274 Added support for bukkit minecraft 1.14.4.