PixelBuiltQuests - Highly configurable Quests plugin for small and big servers!

This is a discussion topic for the Ore project, PixelBuiltQuests. View the full project on Ore for downloads and more information.

Want quick support? Join my discord server: https://discord.gg/YttMwEr

PixelBuiltQuests

PixelBuilt-Quests (or PBQ) is a fully customizable quests plugin that was initially made for the PixelBuilt server. It contains several possibilities for quest requirements, tasks, rewards and etc. Follow the wiki to learn how to create a working setup of PBQ.

Features

• Fully configurable quests, quest lines, tasks, rewards, messages and more!
  • Storytelling support - have NPCs tell stories by adding an interval between messages!
  • Support for economy - quests may cost money!
  • One time Quests
  • Item, money or permission required quests by default
  • Add blocks or NPCs as triggers for quests
  • Progress system - a new leveling mechanic!
  • Create NPCs directly from the plugin!
  • … and much more! Read the wiki for details!

Getting Started

To start using this plugin, take a look on the wiki page for details!

Support

If you have any issues running the plugin, you’re free to open a ticket in the issues tab and I’ll take a look on it asap! If you have questions about the plugin, feel free to join my Discord server: https://discord.gg/YttMwEr

Support Me!

If you like the plugin and would like to support me, you can donate via my paypal: [email protected]. If you want to talk with me directly, my Discord tag is Eufranio#2487

2 Likes

A new version has been released for PixelBuiltQuests, it is available for download here.

• Fixed plugin ID
  • Fixed plugin not loading on older versions (supports API5 now)

A new version has been released for PixelBuiltQuests, it is available for download here.

Fixed wrong config folder name.

Is there any sort of wiki with the full information and how to use/setup each feature? The listing is very vague.

I think this post has everything. The config is pretty explicative, so for every Quest, just edit the values as you like. Then, you can use the arrow to link that Quest to a block or entity.

Is there something that you consider unclear? If so, I can make a github wiki or something.

Some things like changing the database to something you host on your box, how to setup progression levels, etc.
Also, wanted to ask, is there a chance to add a level placeholder say that can appear in a scoreboard or as a title above the hotbar to show progress?

I mean you do list features, just not how to setup all of em :stuck_out_tongue:

any plans on adding other means of storage? such as mysql or h2?

@VinceOrlando, I’ll make a Github wiki explaining all that soon then. I’d suggest you opening a issue on the issue tracker so I can check the suggestions later.

@_InfinityMC, I personally don’t like SQL databases, I may be adding a RethinkDB/Redis database alternative soon tho.

1 Like

Just made the Wiki: Home · Eufranio/PixelBuilt-Quests Wiki · GitHub

Anyone successfully setup mongodb and configured this plugin for it? im having a hard time.

Again, tell me your problem or create a ticket on github please. The plugin was tested and is working (SpongeAPI 6/5).

I meant setting it up on my dedi box. Having trouble doing that and configuring the plugin config to read the mongodb. Never used nosql databases before.

Cool!
I’m Decat.I wonder if I can reprint this plugin to MCBBS(The biggest minecraft forum in China)?

• Complete rewrite of a lot of parts of the plugin
  • Removed MongoDB dependency, now the plugin is drop & play
  • Some performance fixes

THIS IS THE 1.10/1.11 VERSION! IF YOU’RE RUNNING 1.12+, USE THE VERSION 1.4.1!

• Complete rewrite of a lot of parts of the plugin
  • Removed MongoDB dependency, now the plugin is drop & play
  • Some performance fixes

THIS IS THE 1.12+ VERSION! IF YOU’RE RUNNING 1.10/1.11, USE THE VERSION 1.4!

Fallen Link :c
I want to try the plugin

Try now. I had locked the github repo for some reason.

Im using 1.4.1 but i cant seem to get a quest working, the wiki examples look a bit different then the one that comes with the config files and i have not been able to get 1 quest working, been at this for a week now with no luck. If i could get a WORKING example i would be ok for the rest of time as i would just edit and add.
Great idea for a plugin tho if it would work

PS asher from minecolonies sent me here he says your a good guy and to just ask you =)

I’ve updated the plugin wiki, take a look there now :wink:

1 Like

amazing Plugin. i got it working now and i can see the potential in it =) i do however have some bugs such as lets say i have too much text in the messages then the commands will not run. also the stop movement option does not work and onetime use option does not work either. would it be possible to get an update? im using sponge-forge-1.12.2-2705-7.1.0-BETA-3392, with forge 2705 for MC 1.12.2