[Pixelmon] PokexpMultiplier - Set a custom experience algorithm per group/user!

The project has been moved to the ore.

5 Likes

This looks cool, can you possibly add timed xp multipliers? So for example you could do
/pokexp player set MrErectus 2 20m
and that would give MrErectus a 2x multiplier for 20 minutes

You can do so already inside your permission plugin. Just do a timed permission for bonus xp.
But I so want this plugin on my server so I’ll be here for bug testing for you :slight_smile:

this is something i was looking for for some time now. Thanks alot.
Question though how would somone do this for a group in luckperms pls?

The equivalent, according to the wiki, should be
lp group [group name] meta set pokexp [multiplier] global [world]

@Mr.Erectus you may be able to do it without my plugin, but if it’s simple I’ll try to add it in, so maybe i could implement an event where all the server get for example 2x exp or something like that

Luckyperms has the ability to set a temporary permission, only lasting as long as is issued in the settemp command.
Would this stop the effects of the multiplier? or would it simply continue?

Of course, it will block all the process for that player, cause the plugin checks for the permission every time you get some experience :slight_smile:
Everything related to the permissions is checked in live, so change it however you like :wink:

So that would essentially double as a timer.

Additionally, When talking about global exp, wouldn’t that already be possible with proper permission inheritance(set the exp to the default/lowest groups and in most cases all other groups should inherit the permission)

So that would essentially double as a timer.
This really isn’t an issue, the plugin is really simple and will not slow the server, it just take some milliseconds.
Also if it doens’t check in live, it would be a problem to integrate permission’s system

Additionally, When talking about global exp, wouldn't that already be possible with proper permission inheritance(set the exp to the default/lowest groups and in most cases all other groups should inherit the permission)
You’re talking about permissions inheritance, which is implemented by the permission manager.
If you set the pokexp option to 3, for the default group, every group that inheritance the default one will have the multiplier of 3 if you don’t specify it. So yea, definitely already possible.

Alright, i was asking for the sake of clarity that the plugin is flexible to be used in various other ways.

Anyway, keep up the good work, hope to see more from you.

1 Like

PokexpMultiplier v1.0.1

No message will be displayed when a pixelmon has reached the maximum level.
I received my new pc so i can finally work :smiley:
I don’t think there are any other bugs/things to fix, but if you find any, let me know!

1 Like

Hello,

for permission manager ?

/pm groups [group] set option pokexp [multiplier]

1 Like

This may be a stupid question, but I am using LP and should the [multiplier] be [3.0] to give 3x exp?

lp group [group name] meta set pokexp [multiplier] global [world]

lp group [group name] meta set pokexp [3.0] global [world]

Basically, should it look like the 2nd one if I wanted to give a certain rank 3x exp?

remove the []'s then yes.

1 Like

Suggestion: Can there be a different multiplier for player vs wild and player vs. player?

I would have to get the BattleLog from somewhere and try to read if it’s against a player or against a wild pokémon, but i don’t think it’s possible.
I’ll try later, for now just disable the pvp experience in the pixelmon.hocon if you don’t like it, sorry :confused:

Oh no worries. I was planning to give different multipliers for each type of battle if possible

Hey @happyzlife this is right? http://prntscr.com/eabsat im using luckperms, i used this command /lp group guardian meta set pokexp 1.5 Pixelmon

yes. that’s correct