ProtectionPerms - A simple player protection and control plugin

idk if Luck have realized that.
For example, I’d like to allow interaction with all block but deny interaction with ender stone (this is only example). Hope you understood me. I didn’t want to create permission for all blocks. Just wanna create them for blocks that I’d to deny.
Pls leave me your Discord Tag to chat there. Too complicated to do it there.

I understand exactly what you are trying to do. ProtectionPerms does not come with this feature built-in, it must be provided by the permissions plugin you are using as I described above.

Could you explain it detailed please? How to provide base perms to your masterpiece? I mean using permissionsEx

Permissions in Sponge are hierarchical, so granting some.permission gives access to all sub-permissions like some.permission.sub1 or some.permission.sub2, for more information I’d refer to the Sponge Permission Documentation. So for my plugin if you wanted to allow players to interact with all blocks you would grant them the protectionperms.block.interact permission. Then using the options of your permissions plugin, you would specifically remove protectionperms.block.interact.someBlockID where someBlockID is the block you don’t want them to interact with, make sense? I wouldn’t recommend using pex anymore as it is outdated, I don’t remember the commands to provide this functionality off the top of my head in pex anyway. I would instead refer you to the LuckPerms Wiki which also has a discord support server where you may be able to ask how to specifically allow this type of behavior.

Hello @Zerthick,

I’m trying to prevent players from pulling entities with the minecraft fishingrod and 3 pixelmon rods. Would it be possible, if so how?

Hmmm, I don’t currently have a permission node for when entities get hooked by a fishing rod, not sure off the top of my head how easy it would be to implement. You can currently prevent players from using a fishing rod all together, but that’s not the behavior you want.

Yeah. If you can implement a way to prevent the rod from hooking to things that would be great :smiley:

A new version has been released for ProtectionPerms, it is available for download here.

This Item has no Effect

Release v1.0.3

Minecraft 1.11.2 - Tested on spongeforge-1.11.2-2476-6.1.0-BETA-2715

Changes:

• Fix bug where item interact permissions using BlockStateIDs were not being computed properly.

Enjoy!

So it looks like FishingEvent.HookEntity isn’t implemented yet, so I don’t have any easy way to add a permission node for hooking entities yet, as soon as it’s implemented I’ll be able to do it though :slight_smile:

1 Like

A new version has been released for ProtectionPerms, it is available for download here.

Gone Fishing!

Minecraft 1.12.2 - Tested on spongeforge-1.12.2-2555-7.1.0-BETA-2815

Changes:

• Update to Sponge API 7
  • Added protectionperms.entity.hook.<entityID> permission to control hooking entities with fishing rods

Enjoy!

@SnowBlitzz Now you can control hooking entities :slight_smile:

Awesome!! Thanks :smiley:

Inverted!

Release v1.2.0

Minecraft 1.12.2 - Tested on spongeforge-1.12.2-2555-7.1.0-BETA-2817

Changes:

• Added the ability to invert the functionality of all the permission nodes via the invert option in the plugin config

Enjoy!

@Chicken_Nuggets Try out the new invert option, it should do what you need now :slight_smile:

Inverted Inversions

Release v1.2.1

Minecraft 1.12.2 - Tested on spongeforge-1.12.2-2555-7.1.0-BETA-2817

Changes:

• Fixed issue with inverted blockstate permissions being incorrectly calculated

Enjoy!

You can’t have it!

Release v1.3.0

Minecraft 1.12.2 - Tested on spongeforge-1.12.2-2555-7.1.0-BETA-2825

Changes:

• Added ability to restrict picking up items through the protectionperms.item.pickup.<itemID> permission node
  • Fixed issue preventing the restriction of the use of fishing poles through the protectionperms.item.use permission node

Enjoy!

How to ban the launch of objects, such as pouring molten lava or industrial laser guns?

Placing or Removing water/lava with buckets can be controlled with the standard place/break permissions. Controlling projectiles will be in a future update.

Sorry to bump an old post.
If you know the full name of the industrial laser gun (maybe mod:laser)
You can grant the permission protectionperms.item.use.mod:laser to allow players to use the laser in the default mode, or ban them from using it in “inverted” mode.

Hope this helps.

Just a warning to anyone using 1.2.x or 1.3.x

1.4.0 will change the config file!
invert=false/true will become mode=whitelist/blacklist

See the Configuration Wiki page for more information.