QuestionsTime - Ask questions and gain prize for the winner

This is a discussion topic for the Ore project, QuestionsTime. View the full project on Ore for downloads and more information.

QuestionsTime

Ask questions and gain prize for the winner !

Features

The plugin will say questions you have created in the config file, with a prize for the first player who find the answer.
The delay between questions and the prize for each question are configurable !

NB: The items prize can be modded items

Configuration

Create a question :

Command version [Recommended]

• Type /qt create and follow the instructions.
  • You need the permission questionstime.command.base and questionstime.command.create.

Config file version

• Open the config file (config folder > questionstime > questionstime.conf).
  • All the questions need to be in the questions section
  • First, the name of the question. That can be anything you want.
  • Open bracket.
  • Second, write the word question, an equal character and the question between quotes.
  • Third, the following depending if you want an open question or a question with multiple propositions :
    • For an open question :
      • Write the word answer, an equal character and the answer between quotes.
    • For a multiple propositions question :
      • Write the word proposition, an equal character, and open and closed bracket. Between the bracket, write each proposition between quotation mark, and seperate them with comma.
      • Write the word answer, an equal character and a number which corresponding the numero of the right proposition.
- Add prizes
  • Write the word prize and open bracket.
  • Write the word announce, an equal character and true if you want to announce the prize after the question was asked, or false otherwise.
  • Write the word money, an equal character and the amount of money. This is optional. An economy plugin is needed.
  • Write the word items, an equal character and square bracket and items. This is optional. Items need to follow the following
    pattern :
    • ModID:ItemID;Variant;Count;DisplayName;Lore
      • Examples :
      • stone
      • minecraft:stone
      • stone;granite
      • minecraft:stone;0;64
      • wool;12;42
    • Precision 1 : you can use the “text” version for the item’s damage (only for Sponge API 7)
    • Precision 2 : you can write multi lines lore with \n
  • Close the bracket
- Add malus
  • Write the word malus and open bracket.
  • Write the word announce, an equal character and true if you want to announce the malus after the question was asked, or false otherwise.
  • Write the word money, an equal character and the amount of money. An economy plugin is needed.
  • Close the bracket
- Add timer
  • Add a delay to answer the question.
  • Write the word timer, an equal character and its value in seconds. The minimum can be 10 seconds and the maximum 23h59m59s.
- Add timer between each answer
  • Write the word time-between-answer, an equal character and its value in seconds. The minimum can be 10 seconds and the maximum 23h59m59s.
- Add a weight
  • A weight in a question determine his probability to be asked. The more he is high, the more the question has the probability to be asked
  • Write the word weight, an equal character and its value. The number need to be positive.

Other configurations :

• randomTime :
    • If he’s true, the questions will be asked in an interval defined by minCooldown and maxCooldown
    • If he’s false, the questions will be asked after a period defined by cooldown
  • cooldown :
    • The time in ticks after a question will be asked. The randomTime need to be false
  • minCooldwon / maxCooldown :
    • Defined a period between minCooldown and maxCooldown in ticks during which a question can be asked
  • minConnected :
    • Defines the minimum of players connected in order to ask a question
  • personnalAnswer:
    • If he’s true, the answer given by a player isn’t shown in the chat
    • If he’s false, the answer given by a player is shown in the chat

You can modify the messages displayed by the plugin.
Some lines have “components”, a word between brackets that will be replaced by the plugin to display important information. You can’t change, add or remove a component.
Here is the default “message.conf” :

question {
  new: "§eIt's Question Time !"
  ask: "§e§l{question}"
  proposition: "§b•{position}] {proposition}"
  end: "§eMay the best win !"
  timer {
    end: "§eYou have §9§l{timer}§r§e to answer ! May the best win !"
    left: "§eYou have §9§l{timer}§r§e to answer !"
    out: "§cNobody have found the answer, maybe a next time"
  }
}

prize {
  announce: "§eThe winner win :"
  money: "§9•{money} §r{currency}"
  item: "§9• {quantity} * {modid}§f{item} §b{metadata}"
}

malus {
  announce: "§cBut a wrong answer :"
  money: "§4• -{money} §r{currency}"
}

answer {
  announce: "§eAnswer with : \"§bqt>answer§e\""
  win: "§e§lYou win !"
  win-announce: "§e§l{name} win !"
  false: "§e§l{answer} §cisn't the right answer :("
  malus: "§cYou lose §4{money} §r{currency}"
  cooldown: "§cYou have to wait {timer} to suggest an another answer"
}

reward {
  announce: "§e§lHere's your reward :"
  prize: "§9• {quantity} * {modid}§f{item} §b{metadata}"
  money: "§9•{money} §r{currency}"
}

To-do

• Give malus if a player didn’t say the right answer, and to avoid spamming
  • Remake the “prize” interface to be more readable
  • Add an option to hide the player’s answer
  • Create questions in the chat
  • Be compatible with Sponge 5 (Minecraft 1.10.2)
  • Timed question : answer the question before the timer is out
  • Change the text language
  • Answer delay : if the answer isn’t right, the player need to wait some seconds before he can reply again
  • increase the number of possible proposition
  • Custom item’s name and lore
  • Weight system
  • Possibility of adding the author of a question
  • Event question : a question is said if a player with the permission type a command. Can be useful while an event and when you doesn’t want to let the plugin choose
  • Grade bonus : Depending of the rank, the player can have more prizes/gain more money and/or loss less money
  • Multiple winners with different prizes according to the position
  • Execute commands as prize or malus
  • General statistics
  • Statistics per player
  • When someone found an answer, he can’t respond again if the question is re-asked
  • Multiple answers
  • Reload config
1 Like

A new version has been released for QuestionsTime, it is available for download here.

I have forgotten to delete some tests classes :s

1 Like

A new version has been released for QuestionsTime, it is available for download here.

• The question can now give malus if an answer is wrong
  • Add a config option to hide player’s answer
  • Add a config option to set the minimum players connected to the server in order to ask a question
  • Remake the prize view to be more readable

The next update will add the ability to create question in the chat ! o/

Any chance of getting a version that runs on MC 1.10.2/Sponge 5.2?

E: Just noticed file sizes, files after the initial release are empty.

I just checked and you’re right o_0
I don’t know what happened…
I will release the 1.0.4 with the “create question” command soon, if everything goes as planned. I will keep an eye on it and deleted this two useless versions :wink:
And for a MC 1.10.2 / Sponge 5.2 version, I will see, it depends of the changes to made.

And a last little thing :
Do I made English mistakes in the description ? I’m French, and I can make simple mistakes without my noticing…

• Deleted useless files
  • More readable item
  • Set the minimum of player connected to ask a question
  • You can give malus if a player give a wrong answer
  • The answers given by players can be muted
  • Bug : The winner received several times the prize

THIS FILE FIX THE TWO LAST FILES (1.0.1 and 1.0.2) WHICH WERE EMPTY

Salut à toi Nocturne 123 et merci de configurer ce Plug-in qui m’a l’air génial ! Malheureusement, la dernière version ne corrige toujours pas ce problème de dossier config vide ce qui rend l’utilisation du Plug-in impossible. Penses-tu pouvoir y remédier? :confused: J’ai un serveur Sponge/Forge 1.10.2 (5.2.0) Merci à toi :slight_smile:

Le problème vient du fait qu’avec la version de 5.2.0 de Sponge, une méthode n’est pas présente, d’où le fait que le fichier de config soit vide. Je suis entrain de le rendre compatible avec cette version. Par contre, elle n’aura pas la commande pour créer des questions sans avoir à toucher au fichier de config.

The versions 1.0.0 and 1.0.2 are only compatible with the version 7.2.0 of Sponge. I’m currently making it compatible with the version 5.2.0.

Some news :

• Sorry if the update take a long time to be release, but I had a website to create as a homework, so everytimes I opened my computer, it was to create this website. But I finally gave it back !
  • The compability with the version 5 of Sponge (Minecraft 1.10.2) is done.
  • I just need to finish and fix bugs of the question creator.
  • I fix a bug on the way (If you create a question with a prize/malus and you don’t set money or items, and this question he’s said, the next question is never said).

Version 1.1.0

Tested with Sponge API 5 (MC 1.10.2) and Sponge API 7 (MC 1.12.2)

Added

• Create question with the command /qt create
    • You no longer need to touch the config file, just follow the instruction !
    • You need the permisson questionstime.command.base to acces the command, and questionstime.command.create to create question
  • Compatible Sponge API 5 (MC 1.10.2)
    • You asked for it, now you have it !
  • Metada/Damage item can now be number !
    • The “text” version is only compatible with Sponge API 7 (MC 1.12.2)

Bug

• If a question had a prize or a malus with money, but the server didn’t have a economy plugin, the next question was never asked.

Other

• On loading, the plugin’s text in the console are more readable
  • Some minor text changing in the console
PS: I have added many ideas in the todo list, what do you think ?

Version 1.1.1

Tested with Sponge API 5 (MC 1.10.2) and Sponge API 7 (MC 1.12.2)

Added

• Message.conf
    • You can modify the messages displayed by the plugin to customize or translate them.
  • Timer
    • You can add a delay to answer the question. To do this, add the line “timer” in a question node and write how long players can answer. Note : it’s not in ticks but in seconds, the minimum is 10 seconds and the maximum 23 hours 59 minutes 59 seconds.

Bug

• If a player or everybody are creating a question and a question is asked, the plugin stops working.

Change

• In the Question Creator system, the answer for the last question is not longer “yes” or “no” but “start” and “save”.

If you have an idea or you want to an idea to be made before the others, tell me !

1 Like

I’ve corrected some spelling mistakes and made a french version of the main page.

Also, I need you :
If an item have a custom name or/and a lore, the symbol “[+]” is added. I’d like to know if you want me to add the
possibility to change this symbol in the message.conf, and if the custom name and/or the lore is shown if you point
your mouse only at the symbol or for the whole sentence.
Answer here : https://goo.gl/forms/g9V9w04VPJDAdN2T2
Thanks !

Hey,
I know it’s been 6 months I didn’t give news, but I come just to say that the plugin isn’t dead.

I was almost finish the new version when my hard disk dead, and I lost every motivation to continue. And I had a big test after that. But now, I’m in a server projet and my motivation comes back.

I don’t know when the new version will bring out, but I’m here if you have any question or if you found a bug.
Also, I see that the page in french was deleted, I don’t know if I will re-upload it.

EDIT: Ha, and the API used will be the seventh. Bye bye version 5 !

is this working for sponge minecraft 12.2

Dose this work for sponge minecraft 1.12.2

I tried and he seems to have a bug with the config file. I fixed it, but I have some problem to publish this new release :disappointed_relieved:
EDIT: I need to wait 3 days for publish the plugin :confused:

Version 1.1.2

Tested with Sponge API 7 (MC 1.12.2)

Bug

• Config file wasn’t created.

If you have an idea or you want to an idea to be made before the others, tell me !

Version 1.1.3

Message changement

The message.conf file follow now HOCON format. I recommend you to do a copy and delete your file to let the plugin generate the new version, and replace the messages.

• The path question.end.timer is now question.timer.end
  • The path reward.prize.announce is now reward.announce

Added

• You can give item with a custom name and lore. See the example in the default config. If a item have a custom name, his name will be display instead of his type in the prize announcement.
  • The number of proposition of a question can go up to 127.
  • You can add a delay between each answer with time-between-answer.

Version 1.1.4

Bug

• The timer message was sent too often

Version 1.1.5

Bugs

• personalAnswer was misspelled in the config file
  • The timer message could be sent twice