QuestionsTime - Ask questions and gain prize for the winner

A new version has been released for QuestionsTime, it is available for download here.

Version 1.1.6

Tested with Sponge API 7 (MC 1.12.2) on Sponge Vanilla 7.1.5 and SpongeForge 2825 servers

Bugs

• Wrong message send when someone found the answer
  • New attempt to fix the configuration personalAnswer

A new version has been released for QuestionsTime, it is available for download here.

Version 1.1.7

Tested with Sponge API 7 (MC 1.12.2) on a Sponge 7.1.5 and Forge 2825 server

Added

• Weight system
    • Each question can have a weight which determine his probability to be asked. The more the weight is high, the more the question have the probability to be asked.
    • To set a question weight, add the line weight followed by an number
    • Note : The weight system was not added in the question creator command because I will rewrite the system, it’s very painful to add an element in it.

Bug

• The winner in the win message wasn’t winner but the player who receive the message

If you have an idea or you want to an idea to be made before the others, tell me !

Hello! Can you add some more functions?

1. Abbility to start question right now (for example, /qt broadcast question_name
  2. Abbility to start random question right now (/qt now)
  3. Multiple answers for quesions
  4. Config reload command

Sorry, I didn’t see your message ! I didn’t receive a email… :disappointed_relieved:

The first two features will be added in the new version, I just need to fix something and do tests, and
I will add the last two in the To-Do list.
Thanks for the suggestion ! :smiley:

This is a cool little plugin. We are having fun adding our own trivia and tying it into our RPG lore.

One thing I'd like to ask, is it possible to tie-in or hook the question reward to loot_table or loot_groups ? We'd like to rotate prizes on ranks etc. and it would be easier to do this if we could just have answers rewards point to a json or xml for Loot_Tables. Then I can assign a difficulty or tier to each type of question, or maybe divide each "tier" of difficulty into it's own config.file.

Does that make sense ?

Also, maybe consider giving us the ability to toggle question difficulty based on a value / variable. Like 

{simpleQuestion
tier=easy|bronze , medium|silver, hard|gold
}

So for easy questions = bronze | hard questions = gold. If the questions can be categorized we can easily then use that to hook to either loot_group or player_rank, or perms, etc.

For instance Question Difficulty = Tier
Question Difficulty + Player_Rank = “Tier_of_Reward”

Question Tier “Bronze”
Player_Rank “VIP”
Reward_Tier “Bronze_VIP”

Question Tier “Gold”
Player_Rank “Member”
Reward_Tier “Member_Gold”

So if I understand correctly, the prizes may vary depending to variables, like the player rank, the difficulty of the question… ?
It’s a good idea, why not.

I will take advantage of this message to explain why I didn’t post an update recently. There are 2 reasons: School, mainly. I can only program on Saturday. And secondly, I’m in a project with a team, so every time I can programming, it’s for the project.
The next update was almost done, I wanted to add a system that can check commands, but it’s was impossible for Minecraft commands. I have reported this problem, and waited a solution… and I forgot :sweat_smile:.
I didn’t really know when the next updates will be released. I hope during this summer, I will have so much time that I can continue the project with my team, and this project.

Man how to insert a command in prize