Something like core protect

Hello,

I am really new to sponge.

I am using forge-1.10.2-12.18.3.2202 with sponge spongeforge-1.10.2-2202-5.1.0-BETA-2014

I am not able to find a working plugin that act like core protect for bukkit.

I tried the followings:

BlockMonitor-1.0.1
Inspector-0.6.4
Prism-3.0.0-beta2-46-ge820b5e-all

none of them are working correctly…

someone has some suggestion, please?

What do you mean by “not working”?

they throws a lot of errors in console… do you want to see the errors? maybe I am doing something wrong

https://hastebin.com/fepodeboke.crb

this is the error with prism. It appears only when a player is online, and it is thrown many times every second

Well, that means you’re running the wrong version of the plugin for your version of Minecraft.

I am not good at reading these type of errors… I know that prism is still in development, this is why I am asking for a working “core protect like” plugin for my server version

I personally use Adamantine Shield, it’s still new and in development but works.

1 Like

mmh, I am reading something about different APIs, if I read it correctly, spongeforge-1.10.2-2202-5.1.0-BETA-2014 is API version 5.1.0

I do not understand if one is compatible with the other (most spigot plugins for 1.12.2 for example works correctly at least down to 1.8)

but anyway, I am not able to find a working plugin for my server version, because if I didn’t read wrong, spongeforge-1.10.2-2202-5.1.0-BETA-2014 is the latest version made for minecraft 1.10.2

I really like active developements, but at least I need something with working rollback

This is not the case. Sponge plugins are not compatible with different major versions.

so for being compatible I have to be sure that the plugin uses API 5? or it needs to be 5.1.0?

Any plugins written for API 5 should work on 5.1.0.

In general, if the first number of the plugin’s API version (5 in this case) matches the first number of the server’s API version (5.1.0 in this case), and you’re using the latest version available for your server, the plugin should work on your server. If the first numbers are different, the plugin probably won’t work.

ok so now there’s a thing that I am not understanding…

As I said at the beginning, I’m using spongeforge-1.10.2-2202-5.1.0-BETA-2014.

This means that I have API 5.1.0, correct?

So why in some plugin startup logs it says “this plugin is made for sponge api 5.1.0 but you are using sponge API 6.0.0, you can have issues” (or something like that)

Well, we can’t really go off of ‘something like that’. Give us an actual log.