Soulbinding - Binds items to the user!

A new version has been released for Soulbinding, it is available for download here.

Fixes bug where items is dropped instead of being kept when the item is soulbound.

hi
This plug hasnā€™t been updated for a long time
Has the author abandoned the development of the plug-in?

The last github commit was only 4 months ago. So maybe not???

But the final version on the ore is 18 years old

So its older then sponge itself? Because the github is still active it normally means they are preparing for something to come out. Maybe an API 8 update?

You will find that some developers wont put out updates just because, some say if its stable and works on the latest platform then why put an update out there?

Itā€™s not abandoned, Iā€™ve been updating in my free time, and I have some beta builds in my discord!

I stopped supported the versionā€™s on ore (unofficially) since Iā€™ve converted to a different type of binding system.

Whereas before I was using item lore to store UUID and chest against it, I now use Custom data and bind the UUID to the item without the user ever seeing it.

My discord builds also offer some additonal features such as Anvil support (WIP), Inventory Click, preventing bound items from clearing (from natural item clear), Nucleus Kit support (bind on kit recieve)

Thereā€™s also a few improvements to the system in general that make my job easier on the back end.

Youā€™re free to try the new builds out, but like I said they are Beta and very much (to my knowledge) untested. The old format will be incompatible with the new format (as I havenā€™t made a converter yet, and it will likely be a bit before I get around it it)

1 Like

A new version has been released for Soulbinding, it is available for download here.

This release changes the way the plugin works almost entirely. It is for testing purposes and is not ready for production servers.

NOTE: This doesnā€™t convert from the old system of doing things, the config is likely incompatible, theses issues will be resolved at a later date once this build is a bit more stable

Changes available in this build

• No longer check lore, we apply custom data to the item
  • Commands have tab completion
  • Commands also have changed their usage
  • (Pending sponge issue) Anvil support for allowing users to bind with items
  • Inventory click, you can prevent users from pulling bound item out of chests
  • Prevent bound items from being taken from natural item clear
  • Nucleus kit support, bind on redemption of a kit

Iā€™ve put a few hours of testing into this and the only issue Iā€™ve seen so far has been the anvil erroring out and sometimes duping items. (again pending sponge issue)

If you test this build and find any bugs please let me know via discord https://discord.gg/MksBS4g

or post them on my github issues repo Issues Ā· DivineGenesis/BetterSoulBinding Ā· GitHub

Requirements

**This plugin requires spotlin to run; however, there is not a version available on ore (yet)

To find the required jar look here

I have a PR and am awaiting review here

1 Like

Finally! Thanks, man.

Commands previously did not have permissions

soulbound.command.bind.add

soulbound.command.bind.remove

soulbound.command.set

soulbound.command.check

soulbound.command.help

1 Like

Thanks so much.

Updated for API8