Sponge 1.10.2 Crash Issue

I run a small Pixelmon server and whenever I go too far out into a world (2000 blocks or so) the server crashes and I’m not sure why.
I am running the latest Sponge 1.10.2 version and still have this problem.
Here is the crash report.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Is your server locally hosted? (Perhaps via your own pc?)
And does it happen when you do /rtp from Nucleus or something else?

It is hosted with BeastNode.
This problem occurs when I travel that far out, we do not use /rtp, although we do have Nucleus.
Thank you.

How do you travel though? By flying quickly or by teleporting out in a different way?

Flying on pixelmon, so not flying really quickly.

https://timings.aikar.co/?id=f54b3ee4fde745d980f864a195210293#timings
This is my timings report.
I’m not sure what I need to do to work on/fix lag problems that I have.

Looks like UniverseGuard2 is the largest cause, although the timings are pretty short and the server hasn’t been running long. I’d ask the developer about it and see what can be done.

Given that you have Pixelmon, why aren’t you using GriefPrevention instead?

Universe Guard is like worldguard, it’s for protecting the gyms in the world and other builds that I decide (aka regions).
I’ll take a look at it. thank you very much!

I have tried switching to GriefPrevention but it doesn’t do everything that I want it to do. I am having problems with custom trainers as layers get stuck and it only happens when players are inside a claim from GriefPrevention even if all the perms are the same as outside the area.

I know many people who currently use GriefPrevention and it works perfectly fine for them. There are docs available for how to configure the plugin as well as a section for Pixelmon. If you need further support, there is a GriefPrevention support discord available.

1 Like

I appreciate you telling me about the discord, that could be very helpful for me. The main problem is that it doesn’t have a fall-damage flag of any variety that I would like for my server.

Grief Prevention isn’t as obvious. It won’t say ‘this is how you stop someone from falling to their deaths’. It’ll say entity-damage is a flag that stops an entity from taking damage. Please read the wiki carefully and test, for it has far greater coverage than UG when it comes to handling the events listed here.

1 Like

I thought I had tested that although I was quite distracted at that time. I will check that out. Thank you for your input :slight_smile:

1 Like