Sponge at Minecon 2015 - The Photos

We had an absolutely amazing time at Minecon, it was great meeting so many enthusiastic people at our booth! For those who couldn’t attend, we made sure to grab a bunch of photos so that you can check out the experience.

The Sponge booth team! This photo was actually taken just after Minecon had ended. Not pictured are @Danda and CalistoTash who helped us a lot.
the team
From Left to Right: @Me4502, @DDoS, @lukegb, @gratimax, @Owexz, @mumfrey, and @gabizou

Our Sponge booth, just before the expo hall opened on the second day.
the booth

Taken just after opening on the first day. We got a lot of visitors as we were right next to the entrance.
just opened

Another angle.
visitors

Explaining what Sponge is.
Wot is an API?

The computers were always busy with attendees playing Minecraft.
the kids just liked playing Minecraft on the computers

Clienthax shows up. Places PixelmonCraft stickers everywhere and “steals” our swag. We install Pixelmon in the goal to showcase mod compatibility. @Danda in the background behind @gabizou and Calisto is behind @Owexz (sorry for not having a better picture of the two).
in the end we didn't use it

@Grum also showed up and stayed for almost 4 hours. Dinnerbone also spent about 15 minutes at the booth (he gets swarmed a lot faster) and so did a few other Mojang staff. LexManos and @khobbits paid us a visit too.
Grum!

Next to our booth there was an archery game that always had a full line, but we got to play on the second day before the expo hall opened.
skills

Some prizes were won!
more skills

PixelmonCraft guys show up and give more stickers to clienthax. We found these all around our booth during the convention and even on our staff…
stickers everywhere

And for those of you who missed our Sponge @ Minecon stream, you can check it out here:

11 Likes

Glad to hear grum and the bone visited! Did grum say anything about sponge and sponges future?

Just curious :wink:

Good to hear the pixelmon devs, lex and khobbits were there too.

2 Likes

Looks like fun times were had (well, maybe save the shameless sticker promotions); associating not just a face, but a flesh body to an internet handle, must be invigorating to the team too. :slight_smile: I also second Tzk’s question: did the Mojangstas comment on anything that might be interesting to the community?

3 Likes

I can’t count the amount of times I peeled pixelmon stickers off of our booth (and sometimes staff members) >.<

But still fun times were had :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Does that mean everyone is a faceless blob until proceed otherwise?

I’d think that we’d attach names to avatars and possibly voices from TS/streams, but being able to attach a person to a name is always fun.

Attaching things to other things you say? I still have my staple gun!

9 Likes

And now I know how to actually load staples into it instead of being a moron and putting staples in it such that nothing comes out!

…what, don’t judge me.

3 Likes

Watch out before we stand over you with a canvas!

2 Likes

Step back folks, we need to build a frame first. Breaks out drill.

3 Likes

[quote=“Owexz, post:11, topic:8300”][quote=“gabizou, post:10, topic:8300, full:true”]

Watch out before we stand over you with a canvas!
[/quote]

[/quote]

@FerusGrim arbitrarily contributes to the quote-chain.

4 Likes

[/quote]

@FerusGrim arbitrarily contributes to the quote-chain.
[/quote]
@The_Doctors_Life follows in @FerusGrim’s footsteps.

1 Like

Possibly relevant photo

8 Likes

C-C-C-Combo Breaker!

7 Likes

I just want to say that i think its amazing what sponge is doing for the entire minecraft community, ty sponge for keeping the moding / plugin community alive and well !

Keep up the GREAT work and GOD SPEED to you all !

4 Likes

Minecraft event’s are always a lot of fun. I wish I had a bit more spare time during the event days, so I could have been about a bit more, but for some reason they left me in charge of running the meet and greets for the entire event! I’m glad that Multiplay managed to get you a good spot, and a decent sized booth!

2 Likes