Sponge Plugin Competition - Looking Ahead

Is that the version you’ll need to use alongside mods and plugins?

@Daniel_Karlsson Again not the topic to discuss this on.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I’m about two years under the age limit. It says that I must have “signed approval from your parent/guardian,” but what does that mean?

I am also under the age limit. Just get a piece of paper that says “I understand that my child is participating in a competition where he/she may win prizes that are not intended for his/her age group.” Get one of your parents (or legal guardian), to sign the paper, take a picture of it and/or scan it, and PM it to @Grinch. Then you can participate. Worked for me in the most recent competition (You may also want to date the paper)

1 Like

Okay, thanks for the help :slight_smile:

As we’re quickly approaching the beginning of a new Sponge Plugin Competition… I still want to gauge feedback for the prizes.

Right now I’m feeling that we should stick with ‘Winner/runner-up get a game of choice worth $x or less from Steam, Origin or GMG’,

My reasons for not wanting to go the route of multiple games so long as you stay under the limit is because gifting isn’t a quick one-click thing. Nor are gift cards an option due to the three major game vendors I listed above not really offering much for gift cards.

That said. I’ll hear out feedback on this thread. If anyone has something to suggest in regards to my approach I want to go with then now is the time to mention it. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Grinch

Well I like the idea of gift cards but there are more places that take gift cards. You can expand the horizon to people who play on consoles like Playstation, Xbox, Xbox Gold, Nintendo gift cards. I don’t have many games on my computer other then MCWin10, Roblox, and Minecraft PC. Most of my games are on my consoles and it would be nice to see some console gift cards. I really don’t know your budget on this contest though so I can’t say winner can get $50 gift card and stuff that is up to you. Also smartphones exist too and a lot of people have one. Prize could also expand into Apple gift cards and Android.
Those are just my thoughts if you are having issues with current choices for prizes

1 Like

Lol, I simply wait until my 17th birthday to not having to send an approval from my parents. :grin:

2 Likes

I like that idea @SuperMarioCraft_Gam. Looking in to it we can do $40/$60 respectively using gift cards from the following sources.

Nintendo

• $40 (2x $20 - Walmart)
  • $60 (1x $10, 1x $50 - Walmart)

Xbox

• $40 (1x $40 - Amazon)
  • $60 (1x $60 - Amazon)

PlayStation Store

• $40 (2x $20 - Amazon)
  • $60 (1x $60 - Amazon)
1 Like

I certainly agree with allowing console gift cards, but I hope the prize is still “x game under y dollars,” since I don’t own any consoles… I’m PC all the way. Not that I’d ever win…

2 Likes

Of course we wouldn’t leave out our PC users. :slight_smile:

Here is my proposed reward system this time around. Let me know what you all think and if there could be any improvements to either the options or the wording of the section.

Reward

With the upcoming Sponge Plugin Competition we will be opening up the rewards a bit to extend in to the console realm.

Runner-Up: Will receive a $40 in value prize from the list below.
Winner: Will receive a $60 in value prize from the list below.

Prize Options

• A game of choice within the value (before tax) of your prize from Steam, Origin, or GreenManGaming.
  • Gift card code(s) for either Nintendo eShop, PlayStation Store, or Xbox Marketplace matching the value of your prize.

Prize options are not guaranteed and are limited by the availability of the given prize at the time of collection.

1 Like

That looks perfect!

Few days left until we open up for submissions. Is everyone excited?

No :frowning:
I’ve got no ideas!

In all seriousness, I hope this next competition attracts a bit more attention than the last. Lets do this thing!

Could we add GameStop to the list available?

Just cause there’s a game i want an actual physical copy of. Cause nintendo.

1 Like

I have ammended the reward as I can agree to this since they sanely offer their own gift cards.

Prizes
You will have the choice between…

• A game of choice within the value (before tax) of your prize from Steam, Origin, or GreenManGaming.
  • Gift card code matching the value of your prize for one of the following places: Nintendo eShop, PlayStation Store, Xbox Marketplace or GameStop.

Prize options are not guaranteed and are limited by the availability of the given prize at the time of collection.

2 Likes

Actually, don’t steam gift cards exist too?

@gravityfox yes, but not easily

Basically when trying to go about buying said gift cards I was hitting the issue of delivery (eDelivery vs visiting a store/shipping), or availability.

GreenManGaming from what I can tell stopped offering gift cards on their site.

Steam doesn’t sell their own cards so I must visit a retailer that in some cases wanted more than the card was worth which was useless.

I decided it wasn’t worth that method for those three and stuck with the ‘one game from…’ tactic on those.

1 Like

Would it be impossible to do more than one game with a combine total, basically emulating a gift card? I feel like it wouldn’t be a huge hassle to just gift two games. :slight_smile: