Spongeforge jar file getting moved and disabled on startup

Just as the title says, I’m running the latest (2729) Spongeforge and 2529 forge, and everytime I start the server, the spongeforge jar gets “.disabled” added to its extension, and moved into the root directory. I’ve searched the logs for any mention of spongeforge, but there’s a whole lot of nothing.

Could anyone give me any tips as to what would cause this?

We need a hell of a lot more details.

1. What hosting service / is this a locally hosted version.
  2. What forge versions are you using.
  3. What server wrappers if any are you using?
  4. What other mods are running?

Nothing in SpongeForge does this, it’s something external.

Sorry if you need more, here:

Forge Version: forge-1.12.2-14.23.0.2529-universal
SpongeForge Version: spongeforge-1.12.2-2529-7.0.0-BETA-2729
Hosting: localhost
Server is starting via a .bat file with basic launch parameters (memory allocation, etc)
This is being added to the 1.12.2 modpack Modern Skyblock 2, so there’s a myriad of mods

Did I miss anything that I should provide?

Sorry if I sound slightly annoyed, It’s not frustration at you, but at the situation you appear to be in.

Is the .bat file one you created? Or one included with the modpack?

No worries! I’m happy for any assistance I can get really. The .bat file is one off of a different pack, as this one didn’t include one at all.

Could you possibly link to it, or upload it to a gist? This bat is my first suspect, mods second.

Here, I went ahead and packaged up the bat and the files it goes with~

https://dropfile.to/atMHBFy

Ugh AllTheMods. Ok.

In their helpful settings.cfg try changing USE_SPONGE=0; to USE_SPONGE=1;

However if you don’t need to use their bat, I’d highly, highly recommend not using it.

In my opinion, complex bat files for launching servers like this cause more trouble then they are worth, and hide potential issues.

3 Likes

You’re probably right about that, I just don’t have another to use at the moment, and I’m not terribly good at writing my own, thus why I borrowed that :slight_smile: If you happen to have one sitting around I could use, it’d be appreciated!

Changed the line you mentioned, and it worked! But, a new problem has showed up in its place…

this doesn’t happen with SpongeForge removed, so I’m guessing some sort of compatibility issue?

Probably, it’s a strange place for it to be erroring, but if it doesn’t occur without SpongeForge submit it over at Issues · SpongePowered/SpongeForge · GitHub and hopefully someone will have time to look at it.