SpongePls [BungeeCord Forge Support]

Hi, I’m trying to use this plugin. Currently I’m using your latest build 1.1 SNAPSHOT b#35

I have followed the documentation you have provided. I have a forge server set up with the following config:

Forge Config:

max-tick-time=60000
generator-settings=
force-gamemode=false
allow-nether=true
gamemode=0
enable-query=false
player-idle-timeout=0
difficulty=1
spawn-monsters=true
op-permission-level=4
pvp=true
snooper-enabled=true
level-type=DEFAULT
hardcore=false
enable-command-block=true
max-players=20
network-compression-threshold=256
resource-pack-sha1=
max-world-size=29999984
server-port=25568
server-ip=
spawn-npcs=true
allow-flight=false
level-name=world
view-distance=10
resource-pack=
spawn-animals=true
white-list=false
generate-structures=true
online-mode=false
max-build-height=256
level-seed=
prevent-proxy-connections=false
use-native-transport=true
enable-rcon=false
motd=A Minecraft Server

Bungee Config:

groups:
  kmccmk9:
  - admin
servers:
  lobby:
    motd: '&1K9 Minecraft!'
    address: localhost:25566
    restricted: false
  vanilla:
    motd: '&1K9 Minecraft - Vanilla!'
    address: localhost:25567
  pixelmon:
    motd: '&1K9 Minecraft - Pixelmon!'
    address: localhost:25568
timeout: 30000
player_limit: -1
default_server: Lobby
listeners:
- query_port: 25577
  motd: '&1K9 Minecraft!'
  tab_list: GLOBAL_PING
  query_enabled: true
  proxy_protocol: false
  forced_hosts:
    pvp.md-5.net: pvp
  ping_passthrough: false
  priorities:
  - lobby
  bind_local_address: true
  host: 0.0.0.0:25565
  max_players: 6
  tab_size: 60
  force_default_server: true
prevent_proxy_connections: false
permissions:
  default:
  - bungeecord.command.server
  - bungeecord.command.list
  - bungeeconnector.use
  admin:
  - bungeecord.command.alert
  - bungeecord.command.end
  - bungeecord.command.ip
  - bungeecord.command.reload
  - bungeecord.command.send
  - bungeeconnector.*
online_mode: true
log_commands: false
disabled_commands:
- disabledcommandhere
connection_throttle: 4000

SpongePls Config:

#####################################
# SpongePls coniguration. YAML ONLY #
#####################################

allowed-servers:
  - 'pixelmon'

Now in game, in my lobby I try to go to the pixelmon server and nothing happens. No errors within game, no errors within console of Pixelmon Forge server. The only thing I do see within Bungee is:

16:53:29 [INFO] [SpongePls] Using the Forge Server Connector for kmccmk9
16:53:29 [INFO] [SpongePls]  for the target "pixelmon".
16:53:29 [INFO] [kmccmk9] <-> ServerConnector [pixelmon] has connected
16:53:29 [INFO] [kmccmk9] <-> ServerConnector [pixelmon] has disconnected

Obviously from this log it looks like it properly detected I wanted to go to a Forge enabled server but couldn’t establish a connection. I’m kinda stumped at this point as to where I’m going wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Again no other errors anywhere.

make sure you enabled the BungeeCord related settings on the gameserver in config/sponge/global.conf
specifically the BungeeCord module and ip-forwarding

Thanks for replying! After making the two changes you suggested, it started to work as expected. Thank you very much!

@phit i’ve the same issue but i’ve all activated :confused: what can i do?

Hello, I have this error after enabling ping_passthrough and forced_hosts and installing https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/motd-passthrough-get-true-motds-of-your-servers.9651/

04:17:23 [SEVERE] java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
04:17:23 [SEVERE] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
04:17:23 [SEVERE] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
04:17:23 [SEVERE] at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
04:17:23 [SEVERE] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
04:17:23 [SEVERE] at co.ryred.spongepls.CustomClassLoader.loadClass(CustomClassLoader.java:88)
04:17:23 [SEVERE] at co.ryred.spongepls.SpongePlsPlugin.changeChild(SpongePlsPlugin.java:147)
04:17:23 [SEVERE] at co.ryred.spongepls.SpongePlsPlugin.onEnable(SpongePlsPlugin.java:109)
04:17:23 [SEVERE] at net.md_5.bungee.api.plugin.PluginManager.enablePlugins(PluginManager.java:226)
04:17:23 [SEVERE] at net.md_5.bungee.BungeeCord.start(BungeeCord.java:303)
04:17:23 [SEVERE] at net.md_5.bungee.BungeeCordLauncher.main(BungeeCordLauncher.java:37)
04:17:23 [SEVERE] at net.md_5.bungee.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:15)
04:17:23 [SEVERE] Caused by: java.lang.LinkageError: loader (instance of sun/misc/Launcher$AppClassLoader): attempted duplicate class definition for name: “net/md_5/bungee/netty/HandlerBoss”
04:17:23 [SEVERE] at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
04:17:23 [SEVERE] at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:763)
04:17:23 [SEVERE] at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:642)
04:17:23 [SEVERE] … 11 more
04:17:23 [SEVERE] java.lang.NoSuchFieldException: invokableObj
04:17:23 [SEVERE] at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredField(Class.java:2070)
04:17:23 [SEVERE] at co.ryred.spongepls.SpongePlsPlugin.changeChild(SpongePlsPlugin.java:149)
04:17:23 [SEVERE] at co.ryred.spongepls.SpongePlsPlugin.onEnable(SpongePlsPlugin.java:109)
04:17:23 [SEVERE] at net.md_5.bungee.api.plugin.PluginManager.enablePlugins(PluginManager.java:226)
04:17:23 [SEVERE] at net.md_5.bungee.BungeeCord.start(BungeeCord.java:303)
04:17:23 [SEVERE] at net.md_5.bungee.BungeeCordLauncher.main(BungeeCordLauncher.java:37)
04:17:23 [SEVERE] at net.md_5.bungee.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:15)
04:17:23 [INFO] Enabled plugin SpongePls version 1.1-SNAPSHOT-b#35 by Cory Redmond

Hello
I have a doubt and I hope it is the right place to ask.
I have seen that some networks use bungeecord to create a universal lobby and from there you can go to the spongeForge server that you want, but I have also seen that you can directly enter the desired server by omitting the lobby, obviously using the dedicated ip of that server sponge.
How can I do that?
I understand that the servers must be in Offline mode to work with Bungee, therefore, users should not be able to enter directly to each server due to security issues.
I would appreciate your explanation that right now I am quite confused.

to directly join a server bungeecord has a feature called forced_hosts, basically point whatever domain/subdomain at the bungeecord server aswell, if the user then uses that specific domain to join they will be directly send to the server you configured

see forced_hosts on the official docs https://www.spigotmc.org/wiki/bungeecord-configuration-guide/

I will investigate on the subject, thanks for the information. Greetings.

hi, cannot download this mod because the link does not work anymore!
is this projekt dead?

Use the WaterFall.

How do you setup waterfall I keep seeing use waterfall but there is no instructions on how to set it up and are you supposed to use it with bungee cord or not use bungee cord at all and just use waterfall and where do you put waterfall because I’m trying to put Pixelmon on one server and run a sponge server but bungee it to a spigot server so I can give people options on one server made from 2 and a bungee server connecting them so someone please give some instructions since you can’t download the spongepls.jar anymore which is dumb it seems like that would work better but I can’t even get the damn download for it so please help instead of saying use waterfall or do this with bungeecord because without the instructions I can’t bungee them together it keeps telling me I need FML forge and we’ll do I download forge to the bungee server so it will log in the client to the bungee server or what. Please just explain! Stop repeating things if no one knows how to setup waterfall or anything !

Woah, okay, that’s a long rant to say that you’re unsure of what you’re doing and you need a bit of help. It has been covered on these forums before, and in our docs, so with a bit of searching you could have found resources, but I’ll repeat it here (I realise it’s off topic for this post, but it’s been dead a while anyway…).

Waterfall is simply a drop in replacment for Bungee. If you have Bungee installed, delete it, put Waterfall in its place, then delete SpongePls if you have it installed. You may need to turn forge support on in the config. You do not need Forge on the server.

Some of our Docs page may help you, but please be aware that Waterfall is not our product - we will help best we can but we may not know how to resolve specific issues. You are better off asking the product maintainers about the nitty gritty.

That’s it.

As an aside, there is also an alternative to Waterfall called Velocity if you want to try that instead - but if waterfall works for you, have at it.

what yall dont understand is ive been researching for 6 hours last night and never found anyone anywhere using waterfall never found a youtube video but everyone says use waterfall. No i dont have spongepls i only have bungeecord. The thing is i have removed bungeecord and put waterfall in its place but i never got anything on the FTP that lets me edit any config and Ik you are supposed to edit the config file in order to get bungee to work. I’ve gotten close to getting bungeecord to work, It just tells me for my pixelmon server I need to install FML/forge on it but i already have it on one of my servers. So what config file do I edit to make waterfall work like intended because I wanna put pixelmon on one server as the main hub since I have a hub setup in that server and setup a second server running kitpvpv, skywars, ffa, battle royale, and a couple of other games modes. because I havent seen a config file for waterfall yet that i need to edit to put them together.

19.09 11:26:08 [Server] INFO [JadenYashuma] disconnected with: Kicked whilst connecting to PixelmonMarvix: This server has mods that require FML/Forge to be installed on the client. Contact your server admin for more details. 19.09 11:26:08 [Server] INFO [/166.170.55.134:30214|JadenYashuma] -> UpstreamBridge has disconnected

I found the config.yml file now just need help when I try to use the waterfall server just liike when i was using it as a bungeecord i get the error above and ive already got forge unless im supposed to put that file in the waterfall server also like on my pixelmon server FTP also. And I have forge support on.

can someone upload SpongePls.jar for me?
the URL is not working and i don’t know how to use github.

1 Like

Hey, I can’t connect to your build server at all. All of my browsers essentially say that it took too long to respond.

download link is broken