The new Sponge homepage - Discussion thread

Once again, I said it could be both

Edit: I don’t have a problem with the sponge website. Its nice and all just in the future I could see it following the other paths and switching. Good job @Antariano on the site though.

The blue favicon with the very orange colored site threw me off a bit, maybe use the same one as the forums? I also liked the use of Bootstrap (or something very extremely similar). Maybe I’d switch the order of somethings around kinda like this:

Just an idea, other than that good job. I really like the Sponge logo in the branding area of the nav bar.

The favicon is currently the default express favicon. You might want to change it to the sponge icon.

Takes a while to load non-cached. Perhaps some more compression on the larger images? It might just be my crappy internet though but not cached the main background image took forever to load.

It may be your internet because for me it loaded fairly quickly. Who’s your ISP? I’ve got Comcast.

I was running it through public wifi at the time… its doing great now.

Give them a break. They are just starting and are working hard to get us Sponge with all of us sending them numerous messages about bugs, ideas, plugins. At the moment the team is busy. They can improve and polish things later,

That is the longest necro I have seen in a while! :smile:

2 Likes