Total Economy - All in one economy plugin for Minecraft/Sponge

This is a discussion topic for the Ore project, Total Economy. View the full project on Ore for downloads and more information.

Total Economy

Total Economy is a plugin that aims to provide a full-fledged economy for your server. Each feature can be enabled/disabled and configured to your liking.

Features

• Easily integrates with multiple plugins that depend on an economy
  • Easily pay other players (future version)
  • Ability to enable/disable individual features
  • Jobs and the ability to create your own jobs (future version)
  • Shops (future version)
  • Achievements (future version)
  • Web UI for easy management (future version)

Discussion

If you have any feature ideas or questions, please head over to the Discussion page on GitHub as we’d love to hear them.

If you encounter any issues while using Total Economy, please feel free to create an Issue on GitHub and we’ll take a look.

2 Likes

What about multiple currencies?

It’s in the issue tracker so it will be added in a later version.

When can we be expecting shops?

I’m aiming for the next version to at least have a working portion of the shops implemented. If you have any suggestions or requests for shops, we’d love for you to join the discussion on the GitHub issue: Chest Shops · Issue #50 · Erigitic/TotalEconomy · GitHub. Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks for creating and maintaining this plugin. I’m excited to see where the development of this plugin will lead.

1 Like

I don’t know if you are working on something similar, but I was wondering if you could add a little documentation here on the Ore side of things. I noticed a little in the Github repository that could probably be transferred over here and, hopefully, expanded upon in the future :wink:

I definitely plan on transferring/copying all of the wiki pages over to the Ore page, as it is now the main landing page for the plugin. And as time goes on, more information will be added to those pages to better explain Total Economy. Thanks for the comment!

A new version has been released for Total Economy, it is available for download here.

This update changes the structure of configuration files. Please remake your configuration files to avoid errors.

This version was tested on:
Sponge Version: spongeforge-1.11.2-2393-6.1.0-BETA-2468
Forge Version: forge-1.11.2-13.20.1.2414

This is a development release and will contain unfinished and possibly undocumented features

If you encounter any issues, please feel free to post them here so we can fix them as soon as possible: Issues · Erigitic/TotalEconomy · GitHub.

Changelog

• Multi-Currency support
  • Messages can now be changed in the messages_en configuration file
  • CHANGE: A custom database name can now be set instead of being forced to use totaleconomy as the database
  • FIX: Account configuration file now properly saves when the server is stopped

A new version has been released for Total Economy, it is available for download here.

Sponge Version: spongeforge-1.11.2-2393-6.1.0-BETA-2484
Forge Version: forge-1.11.2-13.20.1.2429

If you encounter any issues, please feel free to post them here so we can fix them as soon as possible: Issues · Erigitic/TotalEconomy · GitHub.

Changelog

• Multi-Currency support
  • Messages can now be changed in the messages_en configuration file
  • CHANGE: A custom database name can now be set instead of being forced to use totaleconomy as the database
  • FIX: Account configuration file now properly saves when the server is stopped
  • FIX: Number Format Exception no longer occurs when setting a balance to a large number

I have a question about the jobs. If someone is a “miner” and I set the jobset for breaking various ores, do they keep the ores they mine and get paid for it or do they get paid and the mined ore disappears?

We are finishing up building a server that is economy focused and will be pushing (but not forcing) a town living style with community projects. Some items in the game will only be available by purchasing them (disabling recipes for things) so my plan is to use jobs so players can go and earn money to buy items and the idea is for them to mine/farm resources “for the community” so if they get paid and get to keep the items they gathered, that does not fit in my plan, but at the same time, they need to be able to keep some stuff they gather for their own use so I wasn’t sure how the jobs system handles all this. Im starting to think my best approach would actually be rather than pay them to simply mine/farm, setup a server shop where they can just sell what they gather to the server to get the money but wanted to know if TE had options in there to handle this already.

I’m so sorry for the late reply! Anyways, the way it works is that when the user breaks a block that is a part of their job, that block will drop like it normally does. This cannot be changed as of now. What you can do is make it so breaking blocks rewards no money and just rewards exp. This way, the player will have to sell the item to a shop to get money. Exp and currency reward amounts can all be changed from within the jobs.conf file.

Sponge Version: spongeforge-1.11.2-2393-6.1.0-BETA-2484
Forge Version: forge-1.11.2-13.20.1.2429

Changelog

• FIX: The messages configuration file no longer gets overwritten
  • Lots of code cleanup

According to Nucleus this error I am getting here Error - Pastebin.com has to do with your plugin not being up to date with sponge’s latest changes.

Total Economy is not yet updated to work with 1.12.2/Sponge API 7. It is currently in the process of being updated to API 7.

A version of Total Economy for Minecraft 1.12.2 and Sponge API 7 has just been released. Grab it here: https://ore.spongepowered.org/Erigitic/Total-Economy/versions/1.7.1-API_7

This is a development release, so things may not work 100%. Avoid using on a production server.

Tested on

API 6
SpongeForge: spongeforge-1.11.2-2476-6.1.0-BETA-2715
Forge: 13.20.1.2476

Changelog

Chest Shops

Chest shops have been added and should be at a usable point, though they are not fully complete. To buy one, just place down a chest and run /shop buy while looking at it. To add an item to the shop, run /shop add {QUANTITY} {PRICE} while holding the item you want to stock and looking at the chest shop. Items can be removed, by the shop owner, by shift clicking the item in the shop. More information on chest shops will be added as work continues on them.

If you encounter any issues, please post them all on the GitHub page over here: https://github.com/Erigitic/TotalEconomy/issues/new

1 Like

All in one economy plugin for Minecraft/Sponge

This is a development release, so things may not work 100%. Avoid using on a production server.

Tested on

API 6
SpongeForge: spongeforge-1.11.2-2476-6.1.0-BETA-2715
Forge: 13.20.1.2476

Changelog

Chest Shops

Chest shops have been added and should be at a usable point. To buy one, just place down a chest and run /shop buy while looking at it. To add an item to the shop, run /shop stock {QUANTITY} {PRICE} while holding the item you want to stock and looking at the chest shop. Items can be removed, by the shop owner, by shift clicking the item in the shop. More information on chest shops will be added as work continues on them.

Please discuss all chest shop related issues/suggestions on the GitHub issue: Chest Shops · Issue #50 · Erigitic/TotalEconomy · GitHub

Chest Shops Development Release 3

A new development release for chest shops has just been released on the Ore page: Erigitic / Total Economy. If anyone is interested in testing it out, it would be greatly appreciated. Information can be found on the wiki: Chest Shops · Erigitic/TotalEconomy Wiki · GitHub. If you notice any issues, please discuss it on the GitHub issue so it can be fixed before release: Chest Shops · Issue #50 · Erigitic/TotalEconomy · GitHub. Thanks.

1 Like