Total Economy - All in one economy plugin for Minecraft/Sponge

I’m stuck trying to customize jobSets! In particular, trying to add new crops to the farmer jobset, but I’m sure my issues will apply to customizing any other job set as well.

My approach: I generated a dump of block ids via /minetweaker names and added the block IDs to my jobSets.conf. But adding blocks using the reported IDs didn’t work - even for additional vanilla Minecraft crops (eg, “minecraft:potato” and “minecraft:carrot”), which was surprising.

What am I missing? :confused:

Please post all issues on the GitHub page: Issues · Erigitic/TotalEconomy · GitHub. We’d love to help you out with this over there.

1 Like

Hi - I’m looking to expand the Jobs and Job Sets in Total Economy 1.7.1-API_7 that I’m using on Sponge Forge.

Should I be using the FQN of the block or entity in the actions sections because I see both uses of them on your help pages.
mobs {
kill {
creeper {
exp=“10”
money=“1.00”
}
break {
“minecraft:log” {
exp=“10”
money=“0.50”
}
“minecraft:coal_ore” {
exp=“25”
money=“2.00”
}
}
and what do you do for the data id that goes with some of the items? So basically, is there a right-way, preferred way or new way we should be expanding them out so they don’t break in 1.13? Thanks -Steve

A new version has been released for Total Economy, it is available for download here.

This is a development release, so things may not work 100%. Avoid using on a production server.

Tested on

API 6
SpongeForge: spongeforge-1.11.2-2476-6.1.0-BETA-2792
Forge: 13.20.1.2476

Changelog

Chest Shops

Chest shops have been added and should be at a usable point. To buy one, just place down a chest and run /shop buy while looking at it. To add an item to the shop, run /shop stock {QUANTITY} {PRICE} while holding the item you want to stock and looking at the chest shop. Items can be removed, by the shop owner, by shift clicking the item in the shop. More information on chest shops will be added as work continues on them.

Please discuss all chest shop related issues/suggestions on the GitHub issue: Chest Shops · Issue #50 · Erigitic/TotalEconomy · GitHub

1 Like

Data IDs are currently not supported, but a PR was made to support them and will be implemented soon. For mobs, you use the name of the mob as shown in the default config. Blocks must be prefixed with minecraft: or the prefix used by individual mods if adding modded blocks.

Update API7 MC 1.12.2 :confused: ?

1 Like

Once 1.8.0 is released, a version for 1.12.2 will start to be worked on.

2 Likes

A new version has been released for Total Economy, it is available for download here.

This version was tested on:
Sponge Version: spongeforge-1.12.2-2586-7.1.0-BETA-2884
Forge Version: forge-1.12.2-14.23.1.2555

If you encounter any issues, please feel free to post them here so we can fix them as soon as possible: Issues · Erigitic/TotalEconomy · GitHub.

Changelog

• ADDED: Chest shops
  • ADDED: Ability to set id traits, such as block variants and types, for blocks in job sets
  • CHANGE: Rework job rewards
  • CHANGE: Change job sets file name from jobSets to jobsets
  • CHANGE: The jobs and jobsets configuration files are now copied from the resources folder instead of being created programmatically
  • CHANGE: Change the color and formatting of job signs
  • CHANGE: Experience points are no longer reset to 0 on level up
  • UPDATE: Updated to API 7
1 Like

Sponge Version: spongeforge-1.11.2-2476-6.1.0-BETA-2792
Forge Version: forge-1.11.2-13.20.1.2476

If you encounter any issues, please feel free to post them here so we can fix them as soon as possible: Issues · Erigitic/TotalEconomy · GitHub.

Changelog

• ADDED: Chest shops
  • ADDED: Ability to set id traits, such as block variants and types, for blocks in job sets
  • CHANGE: Rework job rewards
  • CHANGE: Change job sets file name from jobSets to jobsets
  • CHANGE: The jobs and jobsets configuration files are now copied from the resources folder instead of being created programmatically
  • CHANGE: Change the color and formatting of job signs
  • CHANGE: Experience points are no longer reset to 0 on level up
  • UPDATE: Updated to API 7
1 Like

I have a few concerns with the method of these chest shops.

*First, I don’t see anything indicating what is supposed to be in these shops. No mention of a sign or any other indicator is applied to signify what is in these chests and for how much.

*Second, this sounds like anyone can come along and make any chest a shop chest. In any area for that matter. This worries me that chests located at Spawn for decoration, chests in someone’s home, or otherwise is unprotected from this ‘chest shop purchase’.

*Third, I see nothing about an Admin based shop. It’s all describing player based shops, and doesn’t mention anything about NBT data or other data from mods being supported?

First, I don’t see anything indicating what is supposed to be in these shops. No mention of a sign or any other indicator is applied to signify what is in these chests and for how m

You’re right, it would be a good idea to somehow indicate a chest is a shop. I’ll create an issue for this so we can get it added.

Second, this sounds like anyone can come along and make any chest a shop chest. In any area for that matter. This worries me that chests located at Spawn for decoration, chests in someone’s home, or otherwise is unprotected from this ‘chest shop purchase’

A chest shop can only be purchased by the person who placed the chest. So this should not be a problem.

Third, I see nothing about an Admin based shop. It’s all describing player based shops, and doesn’t mention anything about NBT data or other data from mods being supported?

Admin shops were not added in 1.8.0. This is something that will be added though. Regarding mod support, as far as I know mod items do work. Have your tests shown different?

I have not bothered to try Total Economy since it is missing several things I would need it to do.
Such as Admin Shops, Shop indication and so-forth.

I am also unsure of how Chest-Shops handle double chests, which is another concern.
Will there be ‘sell to’ options included as well? It would be nice if this would be added as well, even worked on double chest system to allow a single ‘double’ chest to handle both interactions in this manner. Assuming that a single chest itself (assuming sign interaction) handled Buying from.

There are very few simplistic yet through shop plugins available for Sponge right now, especially since many of them have ceased development. At this time I have not chosen an Economy Plugin to go with since options are so limited there is no point in selecting an Economy system to begin with.
All other Shop systems are either command based purely, which ruins an immersion, or handle a one way trasaction only with a single shop instance. Which results in 2 chests per item in a shop that wishes to handle both a Buy and Sell system within it.

Frustrating, even those that claim to be like ChestShop was for Bukkit when they do not do a “Right Click to Sell” or “Left Click to Buy” like ChestShop did to eliminate the need for multiple shops for a single item.

Chest shops currently only work with single chests. Buying of chest shop items is all done from within the chest by clicking on the items, there is no use of signs. Chest shops are still very much at the beginning of what I plan for them to be.

1 Like

I do hope that they wind up atleast close to what I’m hoping for. :stuck_out_tongue:
Since Total Economy appears to be the most stable, I don’t really have a whole lot of options anyway.

I’ve noticed you’ve gotten some resistance on expanding beyond just a simple “money plugin” and I for one am really glad you are.
There are far too many “money plugins” that appear from the mist to choose from, and that often requires a heap of other plugins to go along with it. Which may or may not work properly together depending…

Atleast a “Total Economy” which this is just that, a Total Economy system… You won’t find limitations or issues between the different features. :slight_smile:

I’m interested to know what you’re talking about here. Any money plugins almost definitely work together with any plugins that use them, unless one side is doing it wrong. There’s not really a downside to using multiple plugins together; it’s not like it takes up significantly more memory or anything, and it lets you remove the parts you aren’t using.

It’s not a case of “they don’t work together” as much as it is making sure you configure each piece to work the way you want to together.
This has always been the case, despite whatever platform you chose to use.

Sponge Version: spongeforge-1.12.2-2611-7.1.0-BETA-3002
Forge Version: forge-1.12.2-14.23.1.2555

Changelog

• CHANGE: Baltop command now has database support
  • FIX: Keys are now properly registered which fixes a crashing problem
  • FIX: Configuration files are now saved when the server stops if the save interval is greater then 0
  • FIX: Only the shop owner can stock their shop now

I have not actually tried working with Total Economy yet as I am very new to Sponge Server setups and I am in the process of setting up a Linux based server with Sponge plugins and Forge mods. However, Total Economy is one of the economy mods I am reviewing.

What I dont see at this time is an explanation concerning the level up aspect of the jobs. Some of the examples reference jobs that would require a level 10 miner but how does a player get to be a level 10 miner? Is this some new player aspect that is added and tracked by the plugin? How does the player know what level they are currently at and how to increase their level? If you could explain these things it would help me in evaluating this plugin. Thank you.

Maybe update it to 1.12.2

Total Economy is compatible with 1.12.2 since Total Economy 1.8.