πŸ† MinigameCore ~ Framework for Minigame Development

#MinigameCore Issues Gitter JitPack Travis

MinigameCore is a framework for Sponge that provides a core set of functions to make minigame development faster. It is not a Sponge plugin, but simply a framework that plugins can add as a Maven or Gradle dependency.

:bangbang: Issue Tracker

:pencil2: Feature Suggestions

:wrench: Source Code

:books: Docs

:heavy_dollar_sign: Like my work? Please Consider Supporting Me!

2 Likes

Hope you could follow google code style like SpongeAPI itself does…
http://google.github.io/styleguide/javaguide.html

Thanks for the suggestion, I will work on this!

Your β€œcore” isn’t vague/scalable enough, it’s really limiting what a developer can achieve by using your plugin.

Here, I made a lightweight minigames API called Ember. Check it out here:
http://github.com/dracade/ember

I am not complete with the plugin yet. I plan to do much more with it, and will be changing things. I just formed the project a mere 10 days ago.

Okay, feel free to use Ember as a reference, it’s under the MIT license anyway :wink:

Ok, thanks. I may draw some inspiration for future changes from your project. :grinning:

1 Like

##MinigameCore News ~ Edition 1

MinigameCore has been making progress, so there is news and announcements to go with it. This is the first edition of (hopefully) many!

###New Docs Site

MinigameCore recently received a shiny new docs website! There isn’t a ton of information on it currently, but there is a lot planned for it.

I am looking for someone to help document MinigameCore. If you are interested please send me a PM.

###Open for Contribution

MinigameCore is now open for contribution! If you would like to contribute, fork the project and submit a pull request when you are complete. Be sure the read the guidelines before you begin.

##MinigameCore News ~ Edition 2

Welcome back to the second edition of MinigameCore News!

###Downloads

MinigameCore has its first official download available! Please note MinigameCore is still in Alpha so bugs may occur. Please report any issues you find immediately to the issue tracker on GitHub.

Downloads are automatically built and deployed by Travis-CI each time a new commit is pushed. They are named by their build number.

###Developer News

Thanks to some suggestions from @KieronWiltshire, MinigameCore now allows for developers to customize MinigameCore to their liking. Please note that more customization will be added as time goes on.

###Docs News

The Docs have received more content and some styling changes. They will continue to expand with more guides and pages as time goes on.

If you are interested, I am looking for someone to help document MinigameCore. MinigameCore uses the same format (reStructeredText) as the Sponge Docs, so there is no programming knowledge required. Please send me PM if you are interested.

Thanks for reading MinigameCore News!

1 Like

MinigameCore now has a shiny new dedicated Gitter page! Hop in the chat room to discuss MinigameCore, ask questions, get help with issues you encounter, or talk about anything else related to MinigameCore!

Gitter

2 Likes

Some major changes have been made to MinigameCore recently, including:

• Switched to a new documentation site, built using Jekyll and hosted on GitHub Pages
  • MinigameCore is no longer a plugin, simply a dependency that you shade into your plugin
  • Removed much of the Arena code that tells the minigame what it should do
  • The Arena is now much more abstract, and the minigame developer must implement the code
  • Sponge code style is now enforced using Spotless
  • All releases have been removed and replaced with a new versioning system
  • MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH-BUILD
  • The build number will change each commit, and reset to one when the semantic version number changes
  • If the build is verified to be semi-stable, it will have no build number
  • There is no downloadable JAR file for any release

Please let me know what you think about the changes, either by chatting in the MinigameCore Gitter room or replying to this thread.

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing what other devs make of this.

1 Like

Prepare with a PR for stages.

2 Likes

A year in and I am changing this :stuck_out_tongue: