WHAT IS UNIVERSE GUARD?
UniverseGuard is an easy to use world protection plugin that will help you protect some ares of your Minecraft server world using an intuitive commands system. This is the “sequel” to the original UniverseGuard plugin. The goal is to have something similar to WorldGuard (the popular protection plugin for Bukkit) in Sponge. Of course a lot of work has to be done to reach that level but i think you might help me improving the plugin
- Regions: you can define a Local Region to protect a portion of your world or use the pre-generated Global Region to protect an entire dimension. Each Region is saved on the server as JSON files, so you can easy edit them if you want to.
- Flags: each Region has its own flags that can be set using simple commands.
- Permissions: you can define wich plugin commands users can do by setting specific permissions. For handling permissions you can use any permissions plugin you want. If you find a bug with a permission plugin please let me know via GitHub or in the comments section below
- Translations: each message diplayed by the plugin can be changed to be translated in your language or to be displayed however you want
As i mentioned before this is the “sequel” to Universe Guard. If you want to convert the old regions to the new ones, than you must follow the Converting old Regions guide on the Wiki
UniverseGuard has been build using the version 6.0.0 of SpongeAPI and has been tested on Minecraft 1.10.2. Supports for latest versions (built with API7 like 1.12.2) will be added soon. The plugin could potentially work on previous version of the game, but any problem related to one of these version will not be supported.
If you find an issue with the plugin in any of the supported version (1.10.2 and above) please let me know using the Issues Tracker or the comments section below.
If you want to know everything about Universe Guard and how it works you can check the Official Wiki on GitHub. This will be constantly updated when new features will be introduced.
You can know how to create your first Region by checking the Local Region page on the Wiki
You can download the latest version of Universe Guard 2 here: https://goo.gl/Pdx6DG
Sponge Ore Page coming soon
As mentioned before a there is still a lot of work to do. You can suggest how to improve the plugin or request some features in the comments section below or via PM if you want to At the time these are the next things to do:
- Improving permissions: creating a more in-depth permissions system to allow or restrict access to specific actions or commands
- Member roles: defining a hierarchy of Region members, so owners will have full access to the Region while members will be limited to some actions
- Default values for non-simple flags: allow to set the default values for non-simple flags in the config file
- More flags: of course more flags equals more customization, so in the near future you will get the ability to control more events
- Custom flags: this is the biggest one, the ability to customize flags or even define your own! With this there will truly be no limits on what you can do
- DB integration: right now Regions are saved as JSON files on the server. The goal is to have, at some point, the ability to store Regions on a Database hosted on a server if you don’t want to save additional file on your Minecraft server
- Visible selections: unfortunately right now you can’t see the bounds of a Region while creating it. But i’m working on some ways to make this possibile using the SpongeAPI’s itself and not using a mod to do that.
- MInecraft Forge integration: having a stable integration with MInecraft Forge will allow mods to create and manage Regions. This could be useful with some territories mods
- Bug Fixes: i think this will be here forever as human all of the code i write is not perfect and could be affected by some bugs. If you find any bug or something that is not working as intended please let me know using the Issues Tracker on GitHub. If i don’t know there is a bug, than i can’t fix it
UniverseGuard is an Open Source project released under the GNU General Public License v3.0, meaning that is free to use and share. You cand find the source code of Universe Guard by visitng the Official Github Repository
Creating a plugin is a fun thing and i’m very pleased to see other people appreciate my work. It’s really rewarding. I will never, NEVER, ask you to pay for something i made and i love to make, but if you want to show some support and give more motivation than i already have feel free to share with me a coffee https://www.paypal.me/JimiIT92
Let me know what you think about the plugin, how to improve it or if there is any problem. Have a nice day, peace!