Universe Guard 2: an easy to use world protection plugin

Any timeline on when you will add the ability to add groups to the regions for access?

What you mean with “groups”? Having the ability to add more than one player to the region at once? By the way there is no timeline simply because the amount of spare time i have to work on the plugin depends on how much work i have to do in real life. If the amount of work is small then i have some spare time, if not i have close to 0 :confused:

VERSION 2.17 RELEASED!

Hi everyone! :smiley: Welcome to a new release of UniverseGuard! This is release 2.17 and it comes with one simple, small, but important feature: a fix for custom dimensions! Turned out that some dimensions mods won’t work well with the plugin,not because the plugin itself but because some weird stuff with Sponge. For example, using the Just Enough Dimensionsmod you may notice some messages in console while starting the server saying that one or more of your dimensions have unknown dimension types… On the plugin this mean that the dimension/s world/s won’t be loaded and so no global region file will be created (leading to a huge bunch of errors and console spam when joining the dimension/s). So, here we are with a small fix that will allow you to join and protect your dimensions very easily :smiley:

CHANGELOG (1.12.2 only)

• New command: /rg globalfor: This command will allow you to create global regions for custom dimensions.This has been done because some mods adds some dimensions that are not recognized by Sponge. Also it allows you to setup a new dimension without restarting the server to see if the region file for the dimension is generated automatically. Note that you should run this command BEFORE entering the new dimension, otherwise you’ll get spammed with tons of errors! So make sure you first create a global region for your new dimension before actually using it! More info on the syntax can be found on the Wiki

FIXED IN VERSION 2.17

• Cleaned up some logs that made into the public release for the last version.

Sponge Ore page: Francesco_Jimi / Universe Guard
(Sponge ore download will be available during next week since ive got a new pc and that meanse i’ve change my pgp key’, so i have to wait 3 days before uploading new releases on Ore)
Download for MC-1.12.2: http://bit.ly/2CY0CSQ

If you find a bug please let me know in the comments here, on the official GitHub Issue tracker or via private message.

What’s up next? Well, next i plan to finally improve the permissions system. It’s a long awaited and requested feature and i think it’s time to work on it :slight_smile: When will comes out? I really don’t know, all i can say is “when it’s done” :wink: So stay tuned for future updates :smiley:

Please backup your server before using UniverseGuard, cause bugs are always around the corner and some of them may potentially break your world. If you find one of these, please let me know :slight_smile: I hope you enjoy UniverseGuard2 :slight_smile: Peace! :smiley:

I didn’t mean to make timeline like WTH get it done. I was just asking if there was a plan in place.

What I meant by groups probably should have been maybe roles I look here and only current roles are ‘owner’ ‘member’

What I am looking for is to add specific groups to certain areas (as owner of server)

so for example: If I have an area only VIP can access. And only VIP with specific permissions, but not give them the role of owner, just as a different level user based on their ‘group’

I get it, that sounds like “giving VIPs a specific permission so they can do some stuffs that others can’t” :wink: If so this goes into the permissions system improvements that i plan to do for the next release, so keep an eye on that as it might be what you are looking for :wink:

1 Like

Hi ! Is there a way that we can sell region like with a sign, the player right click and buy the region with some money (with economy plugin) ?

But this is a great Plugin :smiley:

No but you can sell a region using the /rg sell command and then set up a command block or something so that when a player clicks the sign it does the /rg buy command for that player :wink:

I have to start with the fact that I love this plugin! I just downloaded it. There is a few things that would be cool to be added, but Im sure you already have them on the list. I also wanted to bring to your attention that the default chest flag was set to false for the world. not sure if that was on purpose or not. keep up the great work! :smiley:

Hello guys, I don’t understand what needs to be specified in dimension. Can I be asked to improve the plugin with such a format “/ rg claim name” so that all other data would be taken from the selected sticks.
%D0%A1%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%BD%D1%88%D0%BE%D1%82%2019-11-2018%20045139

Select your area you want to guard with the Tool. /rg will spawn the tool. then type /rg name . that creates your region. then edit the flags as you want. then /rg save will save the region. then if you want to edit it again just do /rg edit .

Hi,

Many thanks for this plugin. It’s a great one !

Would it be possible to add pressure plate in interact flag ?

i didn’t saw if it was already requested

Hi, thank you for your support! :smiley: Pressure plates was planned to be added to the interacts list, however it-s a strange block when coming to “interact”. There were a lot of issues at the time the interact flag was improved and because of that it wasn’t part of the flag. But it will definitevily be added at some point, for now the main focus is to add a proper permissions system :wink:

1 Like

Hi bro !

First of all,thank’s for your great work, please kit it up ! :smiley:

I’m just here to ask you (or anyone) if u knows any plugin for SELLING or RENTING regions created by UniverseGuard2 ?

Cause with your plugin, I can create some small regions inside a global region, is that right ?

Once again, thank’s for your job and sorry if I said some mistkaes, I’m not english at all :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You are correct and if your goal is to make some “plots” in your world that player can buy and sell, well… UniverseGuard already does it :wink: /rg setvalue and /rg buy are the commands you may want to take a look. With the first one you decide the cost of a Region, then the players must do the second command to buy that Region if they have the necessary amount of resources you set

EDIT: Note that this might slightly change with the next major release (version 3 on the way!) as i would like to build an addons system so that the features about “plots” are in a separate addon that you have to put on if you want it (instead of having them there even if you are not using them at all)

1 Like

Okay thank’s again boy ! But, is there a way to add Signs to sell/rent/buy regions ? I mean, really like AreaShop or plugins like that !

*And, sorry if I don’t have to post it right here but I have a bug when I do /rg -> https://i.imgur.com/Xx8Rgsq.png

**I’m on 1.12.2

There isnt anything that I have found. You have to manually add signs. Until it is developed this is the only way.

Yep, there is no sign interface at the moment, you had to set this up using command blocks so that when a user click on the sign it run a command to buy a specific region. That being said, when the addon system will be on and the plots addon will be developed i will definitively improve this system to also allow the selling and buying process to use signs or whatever block/system you want :wink:

Wich version are you using? Seems like you are using the 1.10.2 version on 1.12.2 since the ItemEnchantment is used in that version (wich uses API 5, while 1.12.2 version use API 7)

*Omg, my bad sorry for taking ur time bro… I didn’t find the link for the 1.12 version so I was “okay, anyway I think it must work with the 1.10” x)

Thank you once again, I find the link ! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Unfortunately it doesn’t. I’ve tried making a universal version but since there were so many changes between the two versions i ended up discontinuing the support for 1.10.2 and support only 1.12.2. The link is still there for those who want to setup a server in that version. Glad you’ve find it anyway :slight_smile:

1 Like