Universe Guard 2: an easy to use world protection plugin

・I translate Japanese and write it as a English. Excuse me.
・Within the range specified by [flag], non authorized person can not attack Mob.
I’d like to solve this, but how can I do it?
・Version used:UniverseGuard/Minecraft1.12.2/1.12.2-2529-7.0.0-BETA-2744

How do I disable all mobs spawning within the region? I do not have the time to specify every single mob in the modpack I am running.

UniverseGuard currently doesn’t support MC-1.12.2. You need to wait the new version built with API7 to use UniverseGuard with that version of Minecraft. If everything works correctly this will be released next week, as it’s almost done :wink:

There’s currently no quick command. I managed to do this, and it will be in the next release that will come at the end of this week, but i’m testing right now what is the best way to do this, adding all the mob ids in the region file at once or handling this case in particular? But TL;DR: next release will have this feature :wink:

The problem is that the flags actually works, but are extremely heavey to handle. Consider that the event that handles these flags check for every single movement a player does, wich is fine when there are 2 or 3 players, but it become extremely laggy (and will potentially crash the server) when player number grows :confused: I’m trying all my best to get this working, i thought that checking only for players and not all entities would solved the problem, but unfortunately it didn’t

VERSION 2.4 RELEASED!

Download it here > https://goo.gl/ZYB2yc

Changelog:

• You can now use the word “all” to enable/disable everything about a special flag. For example, if you want to disable the spawning of every mob you can type /rg flag mobspawn all false, if you want to re-enable than type /rg flag mobspawn all true while editing a region. If you do this for flags like interact, vehicleplace, vehicledestroy, explosiondamage, explosiondestroy, disabling/enabling all will override any previous value set these flags. For example, you set the painting interact to false, then you enabled all interacts. By doing that the painting interact too will be enabled. For flags like mobspawn, mobpve, mobdamage, mobdrop enabling/disabling everything will not override any previous value (but the behaviour will consider this). So if you set a creeper mobspawn to false, then you enable all mob spawns, creepers will spawn but the flag value stored in the region will still be false.

News:

• enter/exit flags: Those two flags are still disabled in this version. However some more in-depth tests are being made and it’s 99.9% sure that next version will have those flags enabled and working. Unfortunately those flags are really heavy to handle and can crash your server, therefore before releasing them i need to do more tests to make sure they are working well and doesn’t slow down your server
  • API7 version: The API7 version is almost complete. The only thing left are some entities-related events that has been changed in API7 or has been moved into other events. That being said, i plan to release a stable API7 version next week, since these events are not too many and i’ve got an idea on how to make them work with API7. Sorry guys, you’ll have to wait another week :frowning:
    That’s it for now, if you found a bug or have a suggestion please let me now here or on GitHub. Peace! :smiley:
3 Likes

VERSION 2.5 RELEASED!

Download it here > https://goo.gl/JnngDF

Changelog:

• Fixed a bug with local flags. Some flags that are considered to be “local” (like place/destroy) doesn’t check Region value but instead checks the global value. This means that all of those flags were broken. This has now be fixed so there should be no problems with flags right now :wink:
1 Like

the plugin does not detect world edit, I can not create a region.:persevere:
worldedit-forge-mc1.12-6.1.8-dist
UniverseGuard-2.5
I mark the legion and the plugin says that the legion is not marked

1 Like

Hi! I do not know exactly what your bug is but “wedit” has a sponge version I think you should switch to trial.

This is an updated page:

I don’t understand what the problem with world edit is, but consider two things:

• Universe Guard doesn’t work with MC-1.12.2 at the moment. You’ll have to wait an API7 version wich will come soon
  • UniverseGuard never meant to “talk” with worldedit. Also you shouldn’t use both at the same time. You can do it of course, and i really apprecciate if you use my plugin too, but that could cause some conflicts (something that worldedit blocks can be allowed in universeguard, and viceversa)

You shouldn’t need to. Unless WE is bypassing the API, everything the Sponge and Forge versions do should be able to be blocked using the standard Sponge events. If it is not, you need to do more debugging, ask for help, or file a bug.

1 Like

LC_Games thank you for link
thanks for the answers. I will wait for the API 7 update

Hi. Great plugin cant wait to see future updates

Hey ah, it doesnt work with minecraft 1.12.2 on forge 2604 with sponge 2848 api 7.1.0. please fix it… thanks…

There’s many comments saying they haven’t made a version for Minecraft 1.12.2 (API 7) yet.

Please read the other comments, we are working on it.

API7 version: The API7 version is almost complete. The only thing left are some entities-related events that has been changed in API7 or has been moved into other events. That being said, i plan to release a stable API7 version next week, since these events are not too many and i’ve got an idea on how to make them work with API7. Sorry guys, you’ll have to wait another week :frowning:
That’s it for now, if you found a bug or have a suggestion please let me now here or on GitHub. Peace! :smiley:

I have been waiting forever, but I do not come anywhere. When will you be able to do?

There are just 4 or 5 events that are causing issues and i’m trying to figure out how they works in 1.12. You can find the API7 repository here to give you an idea of what is missing

To reply @mjay 's comment: then try yourself developing a plugin, fixing bugs that the plugin have, then update the API7 project with the fixes, then test it out everything again, then try to fix the events that no longer works in 1.12 and the re-test everything again and again and again (and you’ll still have bugs). And also, in all of this, go to job 8 hours per day (9 if you consider lunch), and then come back to say me how’s hard doing this :wink:

4 Likes

not good to say that Mjay

Franceso do the best for us !

let him time :slight_smile:

thanks @Francesco_Jimi for all you do for us !

good luck :wink:

2 Likes

And you’re a rookie with problems you want to have everything in your hand. Ja)
This good man is striving and you should thank he shares it.
Keep it up @Francesco_Jimi :slight_smile:

3 Likes