Universe Guard 2: an easy to use world protection plugin

I can not attack entity created from customnpc. What do I have to do now?

Is mob damage enabled on that Region?

1 Like

yes it is turned on

Got it, it’s related to a bug in that version. Next release will fix that :wink:

1 Like

Is there a timeline for implementing the adjustment of global settings?

I thought this plugin was perfect (minus luckperms integration) however if i leave a defined region and go to the global region, my players cannot open chests or delete blocks. And thats not something i want my players to be unable to do currently

The previous version of UG it allows for global change directly by command. Currently you can only change it inside conf. That’s what I know.

You can edit global regions like any other regions using the /rg edit command

do i just type /rg edit global?
I feel when i tried that it didn’t work last night; but i cannot recall.

Okay so i edited the files and they work just fine; thanks!

No, you must type in the global region name. By default the plugin creates 3 global regions, one for each dimension. Their names are “DIM1” for The End, “DIM-1” for The Nether and one with the world name for the overworld (by default is “world”). Typing /rg edit world, for example, will let you edit the overworld global region.

VERSION 2.8 RELEASED!

Hi everyone! :smiley: Is been a while since the last update came out, but finally the new one is here! It’s another “big one”, although the features list is not that long, as it adds a so-long-waited feature: console commands! But let’s see what the complete changelog is for this version!

CHANGELOG

• Console commands: you can now use almost every command directly from the console. Of course commands like /rg spawn or /rg teleport can’t be used from the console (unless they add the ability to teleport consoles in game :stuck_out_tongue: ). The syntax, the effects and the “workflow” to create or edit a region is the same as doing it in game
  • New command: /rg set Lets you set a point of a Region using commands instead of the Region Selector. More info on the command parameters can be found on the wiki here
  • New command: /rg create Lets you create a basic Region using one command instead of the Region selector. Mostly done because consoles can’t use the Region selector. More info on the command parameters can be found on the wiki here
  • Offline players: /rg add and /rg remove player argument can now be filled with any string. This has been done so you can type a name of a player who’s currently offline. Note that the player has to be on the server once at least in order to “being found”. We tried to use the Mojang API to remove this condition, so you can type any Minecraft palyer, but that has some issues related so will remind that for a future release. Because of this change, also, these commands no longer supports tab completition, so you’ll better remember the syntax wich can be found here for the /rg add and here for the /rg remove
  • Scoreboard: When creating or editing a Region you will now see a scoreboard to let you know what you are setting in the Region. Right now it only shows the type, the name and the points but more info’s will be displayed in future
  • Configurable Region Selector: You can now set the Region Selector item in the configuration file. You have to type in the item id, iwch by default is minecraft:stick

BUG FIXED

• Fixed a bug where disabling/enabling a mob from spawning will also disable/enable all other mob flags like pve, drops or damage
  • Fixed a bug where setting the place flag to false will also prevent items from being dropped or make dropped items disappear

Download for MC-1.10.2: https://goo.gl/63q1jA

Download for MC-1.12.2: https://goo.gl/ZQBcAo

If you find a bug please let me know in the comments here, on the official GitHub Issue tracker or via private message.

Now, you may wonder why it has take so much time to release this version. The main reason is my job, it takes many time of the day and when you are a developer during the day the last thing you want to do when you come home is programming again. Infact is not a case that almost every release comes on saturday or on sunday, when i don’t work. These are the days i can work on the plugin and i’m very happy and proud to do it, but of course working on it 2 days per week is much slower than working on the full week. The second reason is the current double-version. Right now there is a 1.10.2 version and a 1.12.2 version. They are very similar and shares most of the features, but most of the time some features can’t be in a version or another, and generally having 2 versions that does the same thing is time consuming. Also downloads for 1.10.2 version are slowly decreasing because many users and servers are updating to 1.12.2. So, with that being said, the next release (version 2.9) will be the last one supporting 1.10.2. This mean that new features will be exclusive to 1.12.2 version (or API7 version in general) and only bug fixes will be apllied to 1.10.2 version. I hope you understand these reasons and will support UniverseGuard in future :slight_smile:

Please backup your server before using UniverseGuard, cause bugs are always around the corner and some of them may potentially break your world. If you find one of these, please let me know :slight_smile: I hope you enjoy UniverseGuard2 :slight_smile: Peace! :smiley:

2 Likes

Does this update include bug fixes?

Yes, i forgot to write them in the post, woops :sweat_smile: I’ve edited it right now

Thank you for fixing
I confirmed that the bug was corrected safely
But one still has problems
There is a problem that sitting on the chair of MOD [customNPCS, BiblioCraft] can not get off

I guess you can say it’s the new glue chair :stuck_out_tongue: Joeks aside, i’ll look into this as soon as possible :wink:

Great plug-in solves my world protection issues.

1 Like

I will report on detailed bugs and chairs of the problem

All right clicks are invalidated in the protected area

I tried the following and it did not work properly
・[Tram, boat] to put
・Throw Ender Pearl
・Shoot arrows
These items will be lost

The problem with the chairs (or in general blocks with a tile entity) was that when cancelling the event the tile entity won’t get placed again, making these blocks unusable. I’ll release a version later today that should fix this :wink:

VERSION 2.9 RELEASED!

Hi everyone! :smiley: Here we go again with another UniverseGuard release. Today we have a really small release, actually maybe the smallest release ever made! So, let’s jump into what probably is the smallest changelog you’ll ever read :smiley:

CHANGELOG

• New flag: trample: If set to false will prevent fields from breaking when players jumps on them. Note that this won’t prevent fields from being broken directly by players (with hands or tools) if the destroy flag is set to true

BUG FIXED

• Fixed a bug with some block entities, mostly from other mods like BiblioCraft

Download for MC-1.10.2: https://goo.gl/cb6y3e

Download for MC-1.12.2: https://goo.gl/mNXEJR

If you find a bug please let me know in the comments here, on the official GitHub Issue tracker or via private message.

And that’s really it! As you can see this release just adds a new flag and fix a single bug. That’s because some big features are planned to be added and as i mentioned in the last release post those features will be excelusive to API7 version. So, i f you don’t want to miss any new feature of UniverseGuard i really suggest you to update to Minecraft 1.12.2 as soon as possible :wink:

Please backup your server before using UniverseGuard, cause bugs are always around the corner and some of them may potentially break your world. If you find one of these, please let me know :slight_smile: I hope you enjoy UniverseGuard2 :slight_smile: Peace! :smiley:

I tried it but all the problems were solved!

Thank you. I can live a good Server life with this.

1 Like