VirtualChest - Provide virtual chest GUIs for menus like ChestCommands

I will get back to you after work with the stack trace.
Going to try on vanilla server first.

@zzzz
Here is my log; https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dHXrFWGYR56w8CaIb9h4QRwQWT3YUgew/view?usp=sharing
the only plugins installed are Placeholderapi v4.5.1 and virtualchest v1.0.0-rc1

[21:55:55] [Server thread/ERROR] [Sponge]: Could not pass GamePreInitializationEvent$Impl to Plugin{id=placeholderapi, name=PlaceholderAPI, version=4.5.1, description=An API for all of your placeholders., authors=[rojo8399, Wundero], source=C:\Users\Mimir\Desktop\Test\mods\plugins\PlaceholderAPI-4.5.1.jar} ninja.leaping.configurate.objectmapping.ObjectMappingException: No zero-arg constructor is available for class class me.rojo8399.placeholderapi.impl.configs.Messages$Message but is required to construct new instances!

@hellbringer616 The exception is caused by PlaceholderAPI first and then VirtualChest could not acquire the PlaceholderService instance, so the problem seems to be caused by PlaceholderAPI.

Downgraded to PlaceholderAPI v4.4 and it appears to no longer throw errors!
Thanks!

Try this build instead: Release v4.5.1 ¡ randombyte-developer/PlaceholderAPI ¡ GitHub

I discovered that the official build is somehow faulty, I just compiled the official source myself and it works for me.

Sweet, i’ll try giving it an update!

@zzzz
is there a way to make commands cost multiple items? I am trying to build a crafting menu however this code is invalid:

Slot1 {
Item {
Count = 1
ItemType = “conquest:steel_ingot”
UnsafeDamage = 0
DisplayName = “Smelt &e&lSteel”
ItemLore = [
“Cost 2 &e&lIron Ore”
“Cost 4 &e&lCoal”
]
}
PrimaryAction [{
Command = “cost-item: 2; console: give %player_name% conquest:steel_ingot 1”
HandheldItem {
SearchInventory = true
ItemType = “minecraft:iron_ore”
UnsafeDamage = 0
Count = 2
}
KeepInventoryOpen = true
}, {
Command = “cost-item: 4”
HandheldItem {
SearchInventory = true
ItemType = “minecraft:coal”
UnsafeDamage = 0
Count = 4
}
KeepInventoryOpen = true
}]
}

even if i remove the i still get an error

I found that using

PrimaryAction = [{
Command = “cost-item: 2; console: give %player_name% conquest:steel_ingot 1”
HandheldItem {
SearchInventory = true
ItemType = “minecraft:iron_ore”
UnsafeDamage = 0
Count = 2
}, {
Command = “cost-item: 4”
HandheldItem {
SearchInventory = true
ItemType = “minecraft:coal”
UnsafeDamage = 0
Count = 4
}]

stopped the error and allowed the code to process. but it only took the first item…
Is there any plan to add multiple item costs?

How do you get multiple currencies? It says on may 17 update you got rid of currency_name and replaced with requirements. But it doesnt tell how to do it now with requirements.

Figured out how to use multiple currencies.

Use
cost: totaleconomy:CURRENCYNAME:10; &
Requirements = “%economy_balance_CURRENCYNAME% >= XX”

@Turner

The Requirements is based on replacing placeholder to its values:
https://github.com/ustc-zzzz/VirtualChest/wiki/3-Slots-And-Requirements#requirements

Just use /papi parse to check if a placeholder is available and retrieve its value:
https://github.com/rojo8399/PlaceholderAPI/wiki/Commands-and-Permissions

how do i set more than one requirement because im trying to have the money requirement and the permission requirement when i have it set like this Screenshot - b9476e7d96c44e3434bf9c42f7fcd747 - Gyazo it will put the permission requirement but not the money requirement so players could get it for free

can i set an item as a requirement so they cannot click the GUI item without having both items of correct quantity in their inventory?
This would be in addition to item cost; so it would cost 4 coal to use, but you have to have 2 iron otherwise it won’t run as well.

@MobKiller The Requirements is based on JavaScript. So just use && for concatenating requirements:

Requirements = "%economy_balance% >= 1700000 && player.hasPermission('commonplusplus.use')"

Any conversion tool? Doing this by hand with many menus is tedious enough. I dont understand the switch in formats and not a way to convert the conf files?

Is there a support discord for quick support?

Hello,
How do i define the nbt if an item for item cost? I would like to make this command cost a custom item i have made with itemizer.

I am using the item Coal as the base, but i want it to be called “Copper Ore” and only accept it if it is called “Copper Ore”

So digging deeper into the Wiki there is an option for “UnsafeData”
Which appears to be for the NBT information right?
using

UnsafeData {
     Name = "Copper Ore"
}

I am not getting any functionality from it :frowning:

Would it be possible to add a requirements check to the actions sections in future versions as it is sort of convoluted to have 3 seperate items for each item slot just to have a buy/sell.

Slot0 = [
    ${aliases.gravel-item} {
      Requirements = "%economy_balance% >= 5"
      PrimaryShiftAction = {
        Command = "cost: 5; console: give %player_name% minecraft:gravel 64;"
        KeepInventoryOpen = true
      }
      PrimaryAction = {
        Command = "cost: .5; console: give %player_name% minecraft:gravel 1;"
        KeepInventoryOpen = true
      }
    }
    ${aliases.gravel-item} {
      Requirements = "%economy_balance% >= .5"
      PrimaryAction = {
        Command = "cost: .5; console: give %player_name% minecraft:gravel 1;"
        KeepInventoryOpen = true
      }
    }
    ${aliases.gravel-item}
  ]

ByteItem support is added in this PR: https://github.com/ustc-zzzz/VirtualChest/pull/82

Let’s hope it’ll be accepted.

2 Likes

Sorry, there isn’t. Discord is blocked in my network environment so I hardly open Discord and read messages from it. The place I mostly concern is GitHub issues and almost all issues will attract my attention in time, although I may not be able to respond in time because of some other things.

However…if you really need it, I do have a public discord account: Yanbing Zhao#5112. But as what I just said, a message from Discord may not be seen by me until a few days later.