VoteRight - Sponge's First Votifier Listener [Discontinued]

That’s definitely odd… I don’t actually have access to the internet right now (I’m on my phone), but I will look into it.

And, no, I think that’s a different error. It’s possible Star is doing something, but I’d need more information.

Just a quick question. Is there any way to delete all the votes counted on the server? Finally got triggers working properly and wanting to reset everyone’s votecount so they can earn the milestone rewards.

You could delete the data file, but that will also delete offline votes currently saved.

I was trying that, and it didn’t seem to delete the votes. Had to manually clear all the player’s votecounts but thankfully this server is still tiny so it wasn’t a big deal. Also have offline voting disabled so that isn’t a worry for me.

Having issues with running a “complex command”, namely, changing the name of an item and giving the item lore before giving it to the player. I’ve tried both systems of setting up an item Schema and setting up just a command and use the standard minecraft command. I’ll post both schemas later as I have something to take care of soon.

As a note, the “complex command” using the command schema did work when I simply typed the command into the console. However once I saved the schema file and reloaded voteright, it vastly changed the command and made it into multiple pointless lines.

Couldn’t seem to disable text wrap but here you go. I can’t figure out what I am doing wrong. The entire command itself seems to work fine when input into the console (Too long to type in game) so I’m not really sure what’s happening.

No clickable links for /vote?

That was only a snip of my config file. No point
including everything when everything else is working. Those are the only
things having issues.

Or were you more of asking how to make clickable links for votes?

@Halornek I was asking how xD

Aahh, give me a second. I’ll give you that snip of my config for clickable links. My bad.

Edit: Here you go.

Comes with color codes too. The key is to surround the links as part of their own string.

Okay, @Halornek I’ve figured out what is wrong with the config, there are just some syntax errors.

First of all, I’m going to use some jargon associated with the config format, so check out the user guide:

Second of all, I’m on mobile, so sorry if my explanation isn’t clear.

The syntax errors are:

• every value in the ‘Entries’ array needs to be a compound, you currently have some key-value mappings in the entries, but if you surround those mappings with ‘{’ and ‘}’ you should be fine
  • the command you have in the command schema is a string, so therefore it must be wrapped in "'s, hpwever, the string itself contains quotes, and spaces and isn’t properly in a compound, so the parser gets confused. If you surround the string with "'s and place a \ before every quote in the string itself, it should work

The reason it still manages to read the config is because the parser is very lenient, so it can accept almost any text and parse it, but without the right syntax, it won’t parse like you want it to.

I would suggest using VoteRight commands to input the schemas, as they take care of syntax for you. If you want an item schema, you would do:
/vr cre [name] ITEM
/conversation start vr edit item add

I’m pretty sure those are the right commands, but if they don’t work lemme know.

The conversation command lets you input arguments one by one, but if it asks for lore or enchantments, you still have to input an array or compound, respectively

Aahh, I can’t believe I missed the { }. I see them now in the introduction you posted earlier. Knew I was forgetting something. Thank you. I’ll try that out. As for commands… I heavily prefer not to use them. I’m much more comfortable editing a text document than anything but if it comes down to it I’ll try those.

If I’m understanding what you said, something along the lines of this would be more accurate?

Got it working with some minor work, on both accounts for the Command and Item Schemas. Thank you very much for your time and help and this. Sorry for my mistake.

Also, on a quick side note, sorry to put something else up, but I seem to have ran across an issue.

When a player has reached a certain number of votes for a certain trigger, but have not went over that number, they can simply logout and everytime they login, that trigger will run once again. I’m not sure if it is an error with my config or an actual problem, but it happens with all types of player triggers, including offline, online, all, and their incremental variants.

Yep, that’s a bug. Ill look into it

1 Like

As always, thanks for the quick updates/responses.

Is anyone else having an issue getting the permission node voteright.vote to work? I have the value as true in Pex and it’s still not giving them permission to use it.

Seems to be working fine for me. Do you have a negative somewhere in your default group or something?

“voteright.vote”: 1,

That is the only instance that has the vote perm in all my pex. Lol and it’s attached to the default group

my voteright.votetop perm works just fine