When dynmap is taking too long to update

Thanks! I want to get to a certain point, and then i plan on creating a public git repo where contributions will be much appreciated. I think this will happen some time next year :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s cool! I can’t wait to use this plugin on my server.

wow this thing is awesome, keep it work bro. i have see a similar idea on apknite and reddit, but they quit in the middle as it’s timeconsuming. hope you can finish it oneday for everyone to have a look at it.
though the biggest i have is the 20000 square blocks, and it took me a month to end it.

nicely work sir. hope to see the full version oneday soon. i realy like the idea,and always want to make one, but as a lazy and easy quitter, i dont think i can ever make one

Hey guys ^^
I finally got around to upload the project to github!
So you can take a look, compile and try it or even contribute if you want :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This is really impressive.

All I can think of now, suggestion wise, is having some sort of way to navigate the map in a first person view, almost like spectator mode. That would definitely put this ahead of just about every other map solution there is, and it would be super cool.

2 Likes

oh man, it so cool to just zoom in, hold right click to change the angle and then just explore away in 3D :smiley: this is the future of dynamic maps, really impressive good job!

1 Like

Soo, i thought i’ll give you a little progress update :innocent:

Changes:

• The renderer is no longer pulling its world-data from sponge. The whole world-rendering is now reading directly from the .mca save-files, resulting in the renders being about 5x as fast as before \o/
  • Multiple maps can be rendered and easily switched in the browser
  • I added a sky-box, so the background from top-down is now black, but the sky is still blue =)
  • Some little things and a lot of fixed issues and bugs

Because of the changed world-access it is now super easy to create a standalone program that renders the maps, also porting to Forge or Spigot is simple! One step at a time, but soo many options :slight_smile:

5 Likes