Will api 6 plugins work on api 7

HI So i been using api 6 forge my forge server and its been working great and I seen a few plugins that have migrated over to api 7 that am in need of and I wish to keep my current plugins will upgrading to api7 brake my api 6 plugins

forgot to say that i am using forge build 13.20.1.2476

Api 7 broke the Cause api in api 1-6. So its not likely. However it could work if your lucky

API 7 also broke commands.

As a rule, plugins designed for one major release of Sponge are not guaranteed to be compatible with any other major release. Any functionality in fact is, while relatively common, entirely incidental. Minor releases of Sponge are guaranteed compatible with plugins for previous minor releases for the same major releases, but not plugins for future minor releases.

API 7 is not yet released. the question can only be answered for a specific snapshot, and will go out of date quickly.

asking this as I seen a few plugins that have jumped from5 to 7 and have skipped 6 completely makes it hard to make a server but the answer is good and gives the info i seek

Api 5 and 6 were very similar. So much so that api 6 didn’t have that many breaking changes. So in my experience, one could use a api 5 plugin on a api 6 server in most cases.

Admittedly i would prefer if the developer told us that it worked on a later api. But oh well