WorldEdit for SpongeAPI

Does //setbiome no longer work?
I’m currently using worldedit-forge-mc1.12-6.1.9-SNAPSHOT-dist.jar and I get “see console” errors. I know it says FAWE, but I’ve tried using this command without FAWE and I get the same error.

I’ve been using //setbiome on a modded SpongeForge server using worldedit-sponge-6.1.9-SNAPSHOT-dist.jar and it seems to work ok.

1 Like

I keep getting this: https://i.gyazo.com/60629dfb991e2275aebbf0d442c1a1d0.png

Do you know why? I’ve tried taking fawe away and trying that command and it still shows me that.

If it’s still giving you FAWE feedback then FAWE is still in there somewhere.

I’m saying that when I removed Fawe, it still gave me that error. I just readded fawe before taking that screencap because it’s faster.
I just don’t get why I keep getting that error, anything biome related doesn’t work.

Here is my pastebin of my console after I do /biomeinfo. I get this same error after anytime I do anything biome related.

What versions are you using?

1 Like

worldedit-forge-mc1.12-6.1.9-SNAPSHOT-dist.jar
spongeforge-1.12.2-2655-7.1.0-BETA-3065.jar

Worldedit not loading in SpongeVanilla. Is there a combination of versions that actually works?

Is it better to use the WorldEdit plugin for Sponge or the forge mod?

In my opinion, the forge mod; never had a problem with it.

Thanks for the fast answer @yepidoodles!

Can someone explain to me the difference between the plugin and the mod? Does it lead to differences in term of performance, stability, features, updates?

1 Like

Because WorldEdit uses a translation layer which translates the Bukkit, Sponge or Forge to world edits own version which then worldedit uses. The feature set and updates are the same.

Performance and stability wise it depends on the translation layer. Personally as someone who uses SpongeVanilla so I use the plugin version, I haven’t noticed any issues with performance or anything.

Really what it comes down to is are you using anything that depends on worldedit. Those will need a specific version of WorldEdit. If your not using anything that depends on WorldEdit and you have the choice then I would probably go with the Forge version, only because there is already a version for 1.14, so when it comes to upgrading to 1.14 you will know that you wont need to wait.

3 Likes