Pixelmon Extras plugin or mod?

Does anyone know where I can find a Pixelmon Extras plugin or sidemod… because ever since the pixelmon shutdown i have been able to find a pixelmon extras mod anywhere…

It’s legally grey to link to or re-upload pixelmon-reliant submods.

1 Like

Untrue, with some exceptions the side-mods are all free from the C&D, that said, i will happily DMCA someone for reuploading my work without my permission

1 Like

It’s legally grey due to the dependency on a creative work that violated US Copyright Law to function.

Cease & Desist means an end to development and distribution. Our sidemods were not mentioned by the cease and desist; we are perfectly within our rights, even, to continue developing and distributing sidemods. There’d need to be a second legal action to encapsulate those. Might be better not to pretend to know things better than people who have read the order.

4 Likes

Again, it’s questionable. To develop or update any plugins or sidemods for Pixelmon, you would need to (illegally) use the copyrighted material, aka the Pixelmon jar, source or related. I’m not a lawyer but that certainly seems grey to me.

Again, only development and distribution of the Pixelmon mod had to stop, anyone who still has the mod is free to use it as they please. That includes using it in order to develop sidemods.

So, what’s the deal with server networks getting shut down due to direct DMCAs?

Redistribution of the assets is the problem: You have to download the mod somewhere if you’re going to join a Pixelmon server. That makes it pretty difficult for everyone. But running the server itself should present no issues. (note: IANAL).

1 Like

Factless on the DMCA claim. And, I hear most servers still use the mod regardless of the C&D served to PixelmonMod.

Whatever, it really doesn’t matter as the mod is illegal to redistribute as it is.

I am merely stating here was no DMCA given to any server network, and stating otherwise is blatant hearsay. Servers are safe to continue using 5.1.2.